Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
Office: Health 2
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun, Room 4026
Houston, TX 77204-5039
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - 832-842-8370
Health Disparities/Medically Underserved Populations, Access to Care, Implementation of Clinical Pharmacy Services, Quality Improvement Initiatives, Ambulatory Care: Chronic Disease State Management, Self-Care, Residency Preparation
- University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy, PGY2 Ambulatory Care
- Creighton University Graduate School, Master of Public Health
- Palm Beach Atlantic University, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency
- University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy, Pharm.D.
- Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist, Board of Pharmacy Specialties
- Henneman A, Thornby KA, Rosario N, Latif J. Evaluation of pharmacy resident perceived impact of natural disaster on stress during pharmacy residency training. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2020;12(2):147-155.
- Gonzalez C, Funderburk P, Rosario N. Impact of PHQ-9 and GAD-7 survey vs. no screening survey in pharmacotherapy initiation, medication change, or discontinuation in a primary care clinic. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Virtual.
- Fischer K, Matamoros A, Rosario N, Hernandez J. Assessment of Appropriateness of Statin Therapy in Patients with Diabetes in a Primary Care Clinic. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Virtual
- Keil E, Thai M, Rosario N, Claus L, Vande Griend J, Wettergreen S. Clinical Pharmacy initiative to de-prescribe non-statin lipid-lowering therapy in primary care settings. ACCP Annual Meeting. New York, New York.
- Rosario N, Chavez B, Saseen J. Perceptions of antidepressant medications among Latino/Hispanic patients with diabetes. Mountain States Conference. Salt Lake City, UT.
- Rosario N, Henneman A. Impact on antibiotic prescribing after pharmacy-led education and implementation of a point of care rapid influenza diagnostic program in a medically underserved community health center. ASHP Summer Meeting. Denver, CO.
- Latif JM, Rosario N, Henneman A, Thornby K. Pharmacy residents' perception of the impact of natural disaster on residency training. ACCP Virtual Poster Symposium.
- Rosario N, Henneman A, Cauffield J, Fairclough J. Implementation of a Student-Led Point of Care Rapid Flu Screening Program in a Medically Underserved Community Health Center. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Orlando, FL.
Awards & Honors
- Walmart Scholar, AACP, 2018
- Lesshafft Professionalism Award, UKCOP, 2016
- Rho Chi Service Award, UKCOP, 2016
- Scholas Award, UKCOP, 2016
- United States Public Health Service: Excellence in Public Health Pharmacy Award, 2016