Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Health 2, Room 4026
4349 Martin Luther King Boulevard
Houston, TX 77204-5039
Contact: email@example.com - 832-842-8370
Health Disparities/Medically Underserved Populations, Access to Care, Implementation of Clinical Pharmacy Services, Quality Improvement Initiatives, Ambulatory Care: Chronic Disease State Management, Self-Care, Residency Preparation
- University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy, PGY2 Ambulatory Care
- Creighton University Graduate School, Master of Public Health
- Palm Beach Atlantic University, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency
- University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy, Pharm.D.
- Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist, Board of Pharmacy Specialties
- Rosario N, Wollen J, Scott ED. Prioritizing ethical patient care responsibilities: A call to restructure student training practices in federally qualified health centers. Exploratory Research in Clinical and Social Pharmacy. 2023;11:100320.
- El-Desoky R, Rosario N, Alshrouf H. What is the PhORCAS(T) for international and refugee student pharmacists applying to ASHP-accredited residency programs? American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. 2023;80(16):1090-1095.
- Wollen J, Rosario N, Kiles T. Training Student Pharmacists How to Mitigate Racial or Ethnic Microaggressions in Patient Encounters. American Journal of Pharmacy Education. 2023 Jun;87(6):100068.
- Rosario N, Castro JF. Black salve: risky escharotic. Scars, Burns & Healing. 2022;8:205951312211223.
- Nardolillo JA, Rosario N, Cheng V, Lobkovich AM. Initiating primary care services when the world is paused: lessons for pharmacists in the post–covid-19 era. Journal of Pharmacy Practice. 2022 Apr 19;8971900221087934.
- Rosario N, Wollen J. Professional tress code: I look like a pharmacist. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2022;62(2):424-426.
- Rosario N, Wollen J. Tatted not tattered. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2022;62(5):1538-1541.
- Henneman A, Thornby KA, Rosario N, Latif J. Evaluation of pharmacy resident perceived impact of natural disaster on stress during pharmacy residency training. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2020;12(2):147-155.
- Tran T, Plouch-Garcia S, Gomez A, Rosario N, Hernandez J. Evaluation of the relationship between diabetes distress levels and social determinants of health among Hispanic patients with diabetes. ACCP. San Diego, CA.
- Hayner M, Lopez-Concepcion A, Vorarath M, Rosario N, Hernandez J. Assessment of the relationship between language preference and diabetes distress among Hispanic patients. ACCP. San Diego, CA.
- Palma N, Elder D, Han K, Rosario N, Hernandez J. Evaluating the Relationship between Diabetes Distress, Depression, and Anxiety on Glycemic Control in an Adult Hispanic Population. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Las Vegas, NV.
- Gonzalez C, Funderburk P, Rosario N. Impact of PHQ-9 and GAD-7 survey vs. no screening survey in pharmacotherapy initiation, medication change, or discontinuation in a primary care clinic. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Virtual.
- Fischer K, Matamoros A, Rosario N, Hernandez J. Assessment of Appropriateness of Statin Therapy in Patients with Diabetes in a Primary Care Clinic. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Virtual
- Keil E, Thai M, Rosario N, Claus L, Vande Griend J, Wettergreen S. Clinical Pharmacy initiative to de-prescribe non-statin lipid-lowering therapy in primary care settings. ACCP Annual Meeting. New York, New York.
- Rosario N, Chavez B, Saseen J. Perceptions of antidepressant medications among Latino/Hispanic patients with diabetes. Mountain States Conference. Salt Lake City, UT.
- Rosario N, Henneman A. Impact on antibiotic prescribing after pharmacy-led education and implementation of a point of care rapid influenza diagnostic program in a medically underserved community health center. ASHP Summer Meeting. Denver, CO.
- Latif JM, Rosario N, Henneman A, Thornby K. Pharmacy residents' perception of the impact of natural disaster on residency training. ACCP Virtual Poster Symposium.
- Rosario N, Henneman A, Cauffield J, Fairclough J. Implementation of a Student-Led Point of Care Rapid Flu Screening Program in a Medically Underserved Community Health Center. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Orlando, FL.
Awards & Honors
- UHCOP Faculty Preceptor of the Year, 2022
- Walmart Scholar, AACP, 2018
- Lesshafft Professionalism Award, UKCOP, 2016
- Rho Chi Service Award, UKCOP, 2016
- Scholas Award, UKCOP, 2016
- United States Public Health Service: Excellence in Public Health Pharmacy Award, 2016