Onyebuchi J. Ononogbu
Research Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
Office: Health 2
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun, Room 4043
Houston, TX 77204-5039
Contact: email@example.com - 832-842-8384
- Cancer Health Disparities
- Quality Improvement
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin in cooperation with The University of Texas- Pan American
- ASHP PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Resident, Howard University Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy, Cum Laude, San Antonio, TX,
- Bachelors of Science in Allied Health and Diagnostic Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- Apostolidou E, Lachowiez C, Juneja H, Qiao W, Ononogbu O, Miller-Chism C, Udden M, Ma H, Mims M. Clinical outcomes of patients with newly diagnosed acute lymphoblastic leukemia in a county hospital system. Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma and Leukemia. 2021. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clml.2021.06.022
- Nguyen T, Ononogbu O, Egwim O, Saffari F, Ferrer J. Reducing chemotherapy administration time on an inpatient oncology unit. J oncol Pharm Practice. Doi:10.1177/1078155220971737
- Wiele A, Nguyen T, Ononogbu O. Reducing the wait time to initiate inpatient chemotherapy at Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital (Abstract). Journal of Clinical Oncology.2020 38:29_suppl, 210-210.
- Adigun M, Adesoye A, Ayoola A, Lteif L, Amaechi O. Review of Nonneurogenic Overactive Bladder, Continuing Education. US Pharmacist. Aug 2014.
Abstracts and Poster Presentations
- Nguyen T, Ononogbu, O., (July 2018). Reducing chemotherapy administration time on an inpatient oncology unit. Presentation at ALCALDE Meeting. Webinar.
- Sirisaegtaksin, A., Ononogbu, O., (December 2017). Assessment of hypersensitivity reactions with rituximab used at a quaternary medical center. Presentation at Midyear Conference. Orlando, Florida.
- Amaechi, O., Adigun, M. (December 2013). Impact of a pharmacist-driven medication reconciliation program at a tertiary teaching institution. Presentation at ASHP Midyear Conference. Orlando, Florida.
- Amaechi, O., Lopez, T., Anosike, P., Ha, H. (December 2012). Evaluation of the Readability of Discharge Warfarin Information. Presentation at ASHP Midyear Conference. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Amaechi, O., Ha, H., Anosike, P., (July 2012). Evaluation of the Readability of Consumer Medication Information. Presentation at the SNPhA/NPhA National Conference. Las Vegas, Nevada
- Amaechi, O., Lee, I.C., Copenhaver, M. (June 2008). A Brief Behavioral Intervention to Enhance Medication Adherence Among HIV-infected Injection Drug Users. Presentation at the College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD) annual conference. San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Awards & Honors
- 2020 - Clinical Safety & Effectiveness Course MD Anderson
- 2019 - Guest Speaker at the University of Houston Cancer Seminar
- 2018 - Preceptor of the Year Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
- 2016 - Present - Co-Founder