Executive Associate Dean
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
Office: Health 2
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun, Room 3046D
Houston, TX 77204-5000
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - 832-842-8376
Student Affairs and Administration in Pharm.D. Programs
- Doctor of Pharmacy (cum laude), University of Florida College of Pharmacy
- Master of Business Administration, University of Houston Bauer College of Business
- B.S. in Pharmacy, University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Google Scholar Profile
- November 2020 Kiles, T, KW Garey, M Wanat, Pitman P. A survey to assess experiences and social support of underrepresented minority doctor of pharmacy students. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2021 Mar;13(3):245-254.
- Lewing B, Wanat M, Pitman P, Sansgiry S. Development and evaluation of additional college of pharmacy admittance variables: Life experiences and holistic composite scores. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2020;12:1194-1200.
- Pharmacy schools are responding appropriately to pharmacist's concerns of a shrinking job market. AACP Interim Meeting, Rio Mar, Puerto Rico. February 2020
- D Dreucean, E Morales, E. Paige Pitman. Development of a Pharmacy Summer Camp to Improve High School Students Perception of Health-System Pharmacists. Poster Presentation at Texas Society of Health-System Pharmacists Convention. The Woodlands, Texas. April 2018
- JW Rogers, M Fleming, J Tipton, A Ward, KW Garey, EP Pitman. Investigating inpatient medication administration using the theory of planned behavior. Amer J Health Syst Pharm 2017 Dec 15;74(24):2065-2070. doi: 10.2146/ajhp160502.
- Pitman E, Masilamani S, Zaid S, Hatfield C, Coyle E. Recruiting Houston PharmD Students: Two Pre-College Pipeline Programs. Poster Presentation at American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy National Convention. Anaheim, California. July 2016
- Gorbach, C, Blanton, L, Lukawski, BA, Varkey AC, Pitman E, Garey KW. Frequency of and risk factors for medication errors by harmacists during order verification in a tertiary care medical center. Amer J Health Syst Pharm. 2015;72:1471-4. September 2015
- Philip A, Gessner-Wharton M, Birney P, Blee P, Desai A, Gorbach C, Karralli R, Lorimer D, Munch K, Nweke G, Parekh S, Puebla M, Cox R, Pitman E, Garey KW. A Pharmacy Practice Model Initiative taskforce to increase hospital self-assessment survey response rates and improve the understanding of pharmacy practice in Texas. Amer J Health Syst Pharm. 2015;72:1053-7.
- MacLean LG, Brazeau GA, Chesnut RJ, Erstad BL, Gant KO, Pitman, EP, Johnson, JK, Musselman T, and Bradley-Baker LR. Report of the 2013 Professional Affairs Committee: Tables of Influence Is Pharmacy Hungry Enough? AJPE: Volume 77, Issue 10, Article S21.
- Issues with Student Professionalism on Experiential Rotations. Texas Pharmacy Association 2013 Conference and Expo. Frisco, Texas. July 2013
- Experiential Consortia: The Benefits and Challenges to Colleges and Schools of Pharmacy and Faculty Preceptors. American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy National Convention. Chicago, Illinois. July 2013
- Pitman EP, Hatfield CL, Coyle EA, Ordonez, ND, Smith L, and Garey KW. Determining Differences in Student Activities on Hospital Practice IPPEs and APPEs. Poster Presentation at American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy National Convention. Chicago, Illinois. July 2013
- Pitman EP, Hatfield CL, Coyle EA, Ordonez ND, Garey KW, and Bali V. Student Interventions on Institution Based Clinical Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences. Poster Presentation at Texas Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2013 Annual Seminar. Austin, Texas. April 2013
- Issues with Student Professionalism on Experiential Rotations. Texas Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2013 Annual Seminar. Austin, Texas. April 2013
- Haines LA, Putney KS, Varkey DA, Frost C, Pitman EP, Aparasu RR, and Garey KW. Pilot of a Patient-Centered Pharmacy Practice Model. Am J Health Syst Pharm. November 1, 2012 69:1860-1861.
Awards & Honors
- Phi Lambda Sigma Faculty Leadership Award, 2014