Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Office: Health 2
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun, Room 3046C
Houston, TX 77204-5039
Contact: email@example.com - 713-743-1214
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SOTL) and Infectious Diseases (ID)
- Pharm.D., University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Pharmacy, Omaha, NE
- ASHP Accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency, University of Nebraska, Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- ASHP Accredited Critical Care Specialty Residency, University of Kentucky, Medical Center, Lexington, KY
- Research Fellow, Infectious Diseases Pharmacotherapy, Wayne State, University College of Pharmacy & Allied Health, Detroit, MI
- Pre-Pharmacy Curriculum, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, NE
- Skoglund E, Fernandez JM, Sherer JT, Coyle EA, Garey KW, Fleming ML and Sofjan A. Using the Theory of Planned Behavior to Evaluate Factors that Influence Pharm.D. Students Intention to Attend Lectures. Am J Pharm Ed. 2020; 84(5): 7550.
- Rudolph M, Gortney JS, Maerten-Rivera JL, Bray BS, Shah S, Hein BE, Coyle EA, Buring SM. A Study of the Relationship between the PCOA And NAPLEX Using a Multi-institutional Sample. Am J Pharm Ed. 2018; 83(2).
- Boerma M, Coyle EA, Dietrich MA, Dintzer MR, Drayton SJ, Early JL, Edginton AN, Horlen CK, Kirkwood CK, Lin AYF, Rager ML, Shah BM, Welch AC, Williams NT. Outstanding Leaders are Born not Made. Am J Pharm Ed. 2017; 81(3) 58
- Wanat MA, Tucker AM, and Coyle EA. A Critical Care Hybrid Online Elective Course for Third-Year Pharmacy Students. Am J Pharm Ed. 2017 80 (9): Article 154.
- Collins RD, Tverdek F, Bruno JJ, Coyle EA. Probable Non-Convulsive Status Epilepticus with the Use of High-Dose Continuous Infusion Ceftazidime. J Pharmacy Practice. Oct 2015:
- Rolston KVI, Wang W, Nesher L, Coyle EA, Shelburne S, and Prince RA. In vitro activity of televancin compared with vancomycin and linezolid against Gram-positive organisms isolated from cancer patients. The Journal of Antibiotics. 2014; 67 (7): 505 - 509.
- Rolston KV, Kapadia M., Tarrand J, Coyle EA, Prince RA. Spectrum of Gram-Positive Bacteremia and In Vitro Activities of Daptomycin, Linezolid, and Vancomycin against Organisms Isolated from Cancer Patients. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2013 Jun; 41 (6) : 516-20
- Hatfield CL and Coyle EA. Factors that Influence Student Completion of Course and Faculty Evaluations. Am J Pharm Educ. 2013 Mar 12; 77(2):27
- Kuper KM, Coyle EA, Wagner A. Antifungal Susceptibility Testing: A Primer for Clinicians. Pharmacotherapy 2012 Dec: 32 (12): 1112-22.
- Lusardi KT, Kuper KM, Coyle EA, Garey K. Antimicrobial Stewardship in the Community Hospital: Results of a Nationwide Survey on IDSA/SHEA Guideline Compliance (Submitted to Pharmacotherapy January 2012)
- Goyal RK, Donga PZ, Sansgiry SS, Yeh R, and Coyle EA. Wait and Watch Approach in Managing Acute Otitis Media: Current Awareness, Attitude and Their Relationship with the Behavior Among Primary Care Physicians. J Pharmaceutical Health Services Research. 2011; 2: 121-125.
- Hogan HL, Coyle EA, Neuhauser MM, Raad I, and Hachem R. Clinical Experience of Linezolid in Bone Marrow Transplant Patients. J Pharm Pract. 2010; 23(4):352-357.
- Mihu CN, Rhomberg PR, Jones RN, Coyle EA, Prince RA, Rolston KV. Escherichia coli resistance to quinolones at a comprehensive cancer center. Diag Microb Infect Dis, 2010; 67(3):266-9.
- Coyle EA. The Utility of Antifungal Susceptibility Testing in the ICU. J Pharm Pract. 2010; 23 (1): 33-37.
- Birtcher K, Mallow-Corbett S, Pass SE, Coyle EA, Yeh R, and Garey KW. Defining the Academic Pharmacy Clinician: Reports from a Multi-Institutional Symposium. AJHP. 2010. Feb; 67(3): 231-8.
Awards and Honors
- AACP Academic Leadership Fellows Program 2015 - 2016
- Society of Critical Care Medicine Presidential Citation, 2015
- Society of Critical Care Medicine Presidential Citation, 2014
- University of Houston Rho Chi Teaching Recognition, 2013
- Fellow, College of Critical Care Medicine (FCCM), January 2010
- University of Houston Faculty Teaching Excellence Award Finalist, 2009
- University of Houston College of Pharmacy Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, 2008
- Society of Critical Care Medicine Presidential Citation, 2007
- Society of Critical Care Medicine Presidential Citation, 2006
- PLS Outstanding Faculty Leadership Award, 2004-2005
- University of Houston College of Pharmacy Faculty Preceptor of the Year, 2003