Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4349 Martin Luther King Boulevard
Houston, TX 77204-5039
Contact: sdiec@Central.UH.EDU - 713-743-8276
- Scholarship of teaching and learning
- Ambulatory Care
- Scott and White Health, Temple, Texas, PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residency, 2015-2016
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center, School of Pharmacy, Abilene, Texas, PharmD, 2015
- Podcast: Corvino, M (Host). Cultivating Empathy, Compassion, and Self-Confidence During Clinical Rotation (No. 116) [Audio podcast episode] In CorConsult RX: Evidence- Based Medicine and Pharmacy. https://podcasts.apple.com/gd/podcast/corconsult-rx-evidence-based-medicine-and-pharmacy/id1321782407?i=1000519143938
- Cultivating Empathy and Compassion in the Professional Training Environment College Station, Texas, July 2021
- Specifications Grading: A Different Approach to Grading in a Skills Lab Course Texas A&M Transformational Teaching and Learning Conference College Station, Texas. April 2021
- Specifications Grading in a Skills Lab Course ITLC Lilly Online Conference (Virtual). April 2021
- Presentation: Rising Above Generational Stereotypes in the Professional Training Environment Temple, Texas, June 2020.
- Presentation: Specifications Grading in a Pharmacy Skills Lab Course AACP Lab Sig Webinar (Virtual), May 2020
- Fischer K, Diec S. Once- Versus Twice-Daily Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors for Blood Pressure Control in Adult Patients With Hypertension. Cureus 13(8): e17331. doi:10.7759/cureus.17331
- Fischer K, Diec S. Let's Insta-Tweet about it: Establishing a social media presence for pharmacy. J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). June 2021. doi:10.1016/j.japh.2021.05.024
- Li, D., Conson, M., Kim, N., Yasuda, M., Ivy, DR., Diec, S., Godley, P. Patient and provider characteristics and outcomes associated with outpatient antibiotic overuse in acute adult bronchitis. Bayl Univ Med Cent.
- Fischer K., Nguyen, LT, Castro J, Diec S. Student perceptions on soft skills development during advanced pharmacy practice experience (APPE). Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2019 Oct 30;76(22):1823-1824.
- Minze MG, Koffarnus RL, Edwards KL, Bailey TA, Diec S. Sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitors: Evidence and place in therapy. Expert Rev Endocrinol Metab. 2015;10(6):645-661.
Awards & Honors
- 2019 Faculty/Staff Innovative Research Award; IPER 5 Symposium Poster Competition
- 2019 Teacher of the Year Award for the P1 Class
- 2019 Best Preceptor of the Year Award