Associate Professor of Pharmaceutics
Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Health 2, Room 7045
4349 Martin Luther King Boulevard
Houston, TX 77204-5039
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - Office: 832-842-8343 - Fax: 713-743-1884
- Regulation of drug metabolism
- Drug metabolizing enzymes
- Toll-like receptors
- Drug toxicity
- Metabolism and toxicity of chemotherapy drugs
- BSc. Honors (Chemistry), University of Calcutta, India
- MSc. (Biochemistry), University of Calcutta, India
- Ph.D. (Biochemistry), University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- Post-doctoral, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Google Scholar Profile
- Ghose R, Mallick P, Taneja G, Chu C, and Moorthy B. œIn vitro approaches to study regulation of hepatic cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A expression by paclitaxel and rifampicin. Methods in Molecular Biology, 2016;1395:55-68
- Mallick P, Basu S, Moorthy B, Ghose R. Role of Toll-like receptor 4 in drug-drug interaction between paclitaxel and irinotecan in vitro. Toxicol In Vitro 2017;41:75-82.
- Taneja G, Chu C, Maturu P, Moorthy B, Ghose R. Role of c-Jun-N-Terminal Kinase in Pregnane X Receptor-Mediated Induction of Human Cytochrome P4503A4 In Vitro. Drug Metab Dispos 2018;46:397-404.PMID:29440179
- Mallick P, Shah P, Ittmann MM, Trivedi M, Hu M, Gao S, Ghose R. Impact of diet on irinotecan toxicity in mice. Chem Biol Interact 2018.PMID:29913120
- Sun, R., S. Basu, M. Zeng, R. Sunsong, L. Li, R. Ghose, W. Wang, Z. Liu, M. Hu and S. Gao. Xiao-Chai-Hu-Tang (XCHT) Intervening Irinotecan's Disposition: The Potential of XCHT in Alleviating Irinotecan-Induced Diarrhea. Curr Cancer Drug Targets, 2019, 19(7): 551-560.
- Chityala, P. K., L. Wu, D. S. Chow and R. Ghose. Effects of inflammation on irinotecan pharmacokinetics and development of a best-fit PK model. Chem Biol Interact, 2020 316: 108933.
- Sun, R., L. Zhu, L. Li, W. Song, X. Gong, X. Qi, Y. Wang, R. Ghose, S. Gao, M. Hu and Z. Liu. Irinotecan-mediated diarrhea is mainly correlated with intestinal exposure to SN-38: Critical role of gut Ugt. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol, 2020 398: 115032
- Gandhi A, Moorthy B and Ghose R. Drug Disposition in Pathophysiological Conditions. Current Drug metabolism. (Review) 2012 Nov; 13(9): 1327-44.
- Myers AL, Kawedia JD, Champlin RE, Kramer MA, Nieto Y, Ghose R, Andersson BS. Clarifying busulfan metabolism and drug interactions to support new therapeutic drug monitoring strategies: a comprehensive review. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 2017;13:901-923.
- Mallick P, Taneja G, Moorthy B, Ghose R. Regulation of drug-metabolizing enzymes in infectious and inflammatory disease: implications for biologics-small molecule drug interactions. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 2017;13:605-616.
- Paranjpe, R., D. Basatneh, G. Tao, C. De Angelis, S. Noormohammed, E. Ekinci, S. Abughosh, R. Ghose and M. V. Trivedi. Neratinib in HER2-Positive Breast Cancer Patients. Ann Pharmacother. 2019, 53(6): 612-620.
- Tao, G., J. Huang, B. Moorthy, C. Wang, M. Hu, S. Gao and R. Ghose. Potential role of drug metabolizing enzymes in chemotherapy-induced gastrointestinal toxicity and hepatotoxicity. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol: 2020; 1-16.
- Gandhi A and Ghose R. Altered Drug Metabolism and Transport in Pathophysiological Conditions. 2012; Drug Metabolism. InTech - Open Access Publisher, ISBN 979-953-307-295-0.
Awards & Honors
- 1985 National Merit Scholarship, Government of India
- 1987 National Merit Scholarship, Government of India
- 1992 Honors in Chemistry in the Bachelor of Science Program, University of Calcutta
- 1993 Awarded Junior Research Fellowship, Government of India
- 2000 Award for poster presentation, Department of Molecular Virology & Microbiology Research Retreat, Baylor College of Medicine
- 2001 The Noonan Award for Outstanding Research by a Post-doctoral fellow, Department of Molecular Virology & Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine
- 2003 Travel Award for the AASLD Single Topic Conference Nuclear Receptor Regulation of Hepatobiliary Function
- 2008 Provost’s Faculty Travel Award, University of Houston
- 2010 Faculty Development Initiative Program (FDIP) Teaching Award, University of Houston. Training module to enhance competency in laboratory techniques for Graduate and undergraduate students
- 2014 Journal Highlights; American Association of Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET) web-site: Pranav Shah, Tao Guo, David D Moore and Romi Ghose. Role of constitutive androstane receptor in Toll-like receptor-mediated regulation of gene expression of hepatic drug metabolizing enzymes and transporters. Drug Met. Disp. 2014 Jan; 42 (1): 172-81
- 2016 Provost’s Faculty Travel Award, University of Houston