Instructional Assistant Professor
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun Road, Room 5013
Houston, TX 77204-5037
Ph.D. in Pharmacology, University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Houston
- Faculty of the Semester, Pharmacy Council, UH College of Pharmacy, Fall 2020
- Faculty of the Semester, Pharmacy Council, UH College of Pharmacy, Spring 2020
- Rho Chi Teaching Excellence Award, Rho Chi Society, Beta Omicron Chapter, 2019-2020
- Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching, UH College of Pharmacy, 2018-2019
- UH Alternative Incentive Program Award, 2018-2019
- Rho Chi Teaching Excellence Award, Rho Chi Society, Beta Omicron Chapter, 2015-2016
- Rho Chi Teaching Excellence Award, Rho Chi Society, Beta Omicron Chapter, 2013-2014
- University of Houston Teaching Excellence Award ($8000 award), Instructor/Clinical Faculty Category, 2012-2013
- Certificate of Recognition for Teaching Excellence, Rho Chi Society, 2012-2013
- Professor of the Semester, Pharmacy Class of 2014, UH College of Pharmacy, 2012
- Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching, UH College of Pharmacy, 2011-2012
- Rho Chi Teaching Excellence Award, Rho Chi Society, Beta Omicron Chapter, 2009-2010
- ASPET Graduate Student Travel Award Winner, 2005
- Induction into Rho Chi Society, the National Pharmacy Honorary Society, 2002
- Graduate teaching assistant fellowship, 2000-2005
- G.P Nair award by Indian Drug Manufacturer's Association, 1999
- University Gold Medal, Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, 1998
Physiology I, PHAR 4321
Physiology II, PHAR 4221
Skills Program II, PHAR 4251
Professional Year 2 (P2) Pharm.D. Courses:
Integrated Renal Module, PHAR 5224
Integrated Gastrointestinal Module, PHAR 5225
Integrated Endocrine Module, PHAR 5327
Integrated Cardiovascular I Module, PHAR 5329
Integrated Cardiovascular II Module, PHAR 5330
Module-Related Skills Lab I, PHAR 5158
Module-Related Skills Lab II, PHAR 5259
Professional Year 3 (P3) Pharm.D. Courses:
Integrated Neurology Module, PHAR 5335
Integrated Immunology Module, PHAR 5236
Integrated Infectious Disease Module, PHAR 5338
Graduate (Ph.D.) Course:
Neuropharmacology, PCOL 7363
Principles of Drug Action, PHAR 2362
Textbooks/Online Resources Developed
Textbook for Pharmacy Calculations: www.uh.edu/pharmacy-calculations, 2018
Principles of Drug Action. Edited by Aditi Marwaha, Samina Salim and Thomas Lemke, Second Edition, Cognella Publishers, 2015
Website for PHAR 2362: www.uh.edu/phar2362, 2011
Marwaha A, Zakeri M, Sansgiry S, Salim S. Combined Effect of Different Teaching Strategies on Student Performance in a Large-Enrollment Undergraduate Health Sciences Course. Adv. Physiol. Edu. (In press), 2021
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
Banday AA, Fazili FR, Marwaha A, Lokhandwala MF. Mitogen-activated protein kinase upregulation reduces renal D1 receptor affinity and G-protein coupling in obese rats. Kidney Int. 2007 Mar;71(5):397-406.
Marwaha A, Lokhandwala MF. Tempol Reduces Oxidative Stress and Restores Renal Dopamine D1-like Receptor G-Protein Coupling and Function in Hyperglycemic Rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006 291(1): F58-66.
Banday A, Marwaha A, Tallam L, Lokhandwala MF. Tempol reduces oxidative stress, improves insulin sensitivity, decreases renal dopamine D1 receptor hyperphosphorylation and restores D1 receptor-G protein coupling and function in obese Zucker rats. Diabetes 54: 2219-26, 2005.
Marwaha A, Banday AA, Lokhandwala MF. Reduced Renal Dopamine D1 Receptor Function In Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004 286: F451- 7.
Trivedi M, Marwaha A, Lokhandwala MF. Rosiglitazone Restores G-protein Coupling, Recruitment, and Function of Renal Dopamine D1A Receptor in Obese Zucker Rats. Hypertension.43: 376-82, 2004.
Marwaha A, Lokhandwala MF. Diminished natriuretic response to dopamine D1 receptor agonist, SKF-38393 in obese Zucker rats. Clin Exp Hypertens. 25:509-15, 2003.
Marwaha A, Lokhandwala MF. Oxidative stress contributes to reduced renal dopamine D1 receptor function in hyperglycemic rats. FASEB J. 2005.
Banday AA, Marwaha A, Lokhandwala MF. Tempol Improves Insulin Sensitivity and Restores Renal Dopamine D1 Receptor-G Protein Coupling and Function in Obese Zucker Rats. Hypertension 44: 531, 2004.
Banday AA, Marwaha A, Lokhandwala MF. Hyperglycemia-induced Oxidative Stress Impairs Renal Dopamine D1 Receptor Function via Protein Kinase C Activation and G Protein Coupled Receptor Kinase 2 Translocation. Hypertension 44: 559 2004.
Marwaha A, Banday AA, Lokhandwala MF. Impaired renal dopamine D1 receptor function in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. FASEB J.18:A577, 2004.
Khera A, Banday A, Lokhandwala MF. Reduced renal dopamine D1-like receptor expression and function in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Hypertension 42:421D, 2003.
Trivedi, M., Khera A., Hussain, T. and Lokhandwala, M.F. Improvement in Insulin Sensitivity with Rosiglitazone Restores Recruitment, G-protein Coupling, and Function of Renal Dopamine D1A Receptors in Obese Zucker Rats. Hypertension. 42:396, 2003.
Khera A, Lokhandwala MF. Diminished natriuretic and diuretic response to D1-like receptor agonist SKF 38393, in obese Zucker rats. FASEB J.17:A671, 2003.
Textbooks/Online Resources Developed:
UH ATIP Award, 2018-2019
The Alternative Textbook Incentive Program (ATIP), is a program offered by the UH libraries. ATIP offers awards to instructors who replace traditional textbooks with open or alternative textbooks in their courses.
UH Student Success Grant, 2011-2014
The UH Student Success Grant was based on proposals submitted for pedagogical ideas to be implemented in the 1000 and 2000 level classes to improve student performance and reduce the number of D's, W's, I's and F's. The grant was for the course Principles of Drug Action (PHAR 2362).
- Member, National Science Teaching Association
- Member, The American Physiological Society
- Member, The Rho Chi Society