University of Houston Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
All students who are eligible to receive Federal Financial Aid are encouraged to meet with a Financial Aid Advisor in the University of Houston's Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for specific assistance with the application of Federal Aid, including scholarships, grants, and work-study opportunities. Please visit the University of Houston's Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid website for more information.
University of Houston Scholarships
Looking for ways to fund your education? If you can demonstrate academic excellence and leadership, you may qualify for a UH scholarship at the University of Houston. Please visit the University of Houston Scholarships website for more information.
International Student and Scholar Services Office (ISSSO)
International students who hold an F-1 visa and who are not eligible to receive Federal Financial Aid are advised to meet with an International Student Advisor in the University of Houston's International Student and Scholar Services Office (ISSSO) for additional information about scholarships and financial aid that are specifically awarded to international students. Please visit the International Student and Scholar Services Office website for more information.
This type of financial aid is offered through the College of Architecture and Design on a limited basis. Graduate and Undergraduate students who wish to apply for available assistantship offerings must complete an Instructional Assistantship Application, which is available on the College of Architecture and Design's Academic Forms page, at the College of Architecture and Design Dean's Office, and at the Student Services Office. Students who are new to the College of Architecture and Design are advised to apply for these assistantships after they have completed their first semester or year in the program. Students must have shown a proficiency in English as well as their comprehension of the subject matter for the course that they intend to assist with before they are assigned a course.
Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design Scholarships
All students, regardless of their student admission classification (i.e. domestic or international students) are encouraged to apply for available scholarships that are administered through the College of Architecture and Design. In order to be considered for available scholarships, students must complete a College of Architecture and Design General Scholarship Application. Completed applications, along with portfolios, should be submitted to the College of Architecture and Design's Student Services Office. The application deadline for College of Architecture and Design Scholarships is set by the College of Architecture and Design. Students should consult with their academic advisors for details. If this deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day will serve as the final deadline. Students who submit a completed College of Architecture and Design General Scholarship Application will be considered for the following scholarships, provided the applicant meets the scholarship awarding criteria. The Gerald D. Hines Scholarship and Design Application can be found on the Academic Forms page.
Scholarship awards range from $500-$2000.
- Bruce Webb Student Scholarship
- Buffalo Bayou Scholarship
- Gensler Scholarship-Arch
- Gerald D. Hines International Scholarship
- Graduate Admissions Scholarship
- Graduate/Undergraduate Scholarship
- Hines Architecture Scholarship
- Huitt-Zollars Scholarship
- Industrial Design Scholarship
- James Scholarship
- John Zemanek Student Scholarship
- Jon Van Ness Scholarship
- MN Davidson Scholarship
- Student Scholarship
- Texas Architecture Foundation Scholarship
- Ralph S. Herman Scholarship Endowment in the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture
- Cardno Haynes Whaley Scholarship Endowment
- Ray Okumura Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Powers Brown Architecture Scholarship Endowment
- Huitt-Zollars Endowed Scholarship in the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture
- Sharon Sanders Hoover Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- David D. Red Scholarship Endowment
- Carl A. and William Childs Detering Endowment Fund for Scholarships in Architecture
- Arturo Chavez - Page Southerland Page Foundation International Studies in Architecture Scholarship Endowment
- EunSook Kwon and SunJin Kim Scholarship
- FKP Architects/Charles Sundin Scholarship Endowment
- Mary Le Johnson Scholarship Endowment
- CRSS/Aaron Farfel Scholarship Endowment Fund
General Scholarship Criteria
- Scholarship applicant must be a certified full-time undergraduate or graduate certificate or degree-seeking student in good standing at the University of Houston and Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design.
- Scholarship applicant exhibits leadership qualities as determined by the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship applicant should demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in Architecture, Interior Architecture, or Industrial Design.
- Scholarship recipient must maintain a GPA in accordance with the standards set by the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design Scholarship Committee.
- Undergraduate students: 2.50
- Graduate students: 3.00