What is an Information Session?
Information sessions are group presentations led by undergraduate academic advisors. They are intended to help prospective students learn about the admissions process, culture, and academic programs for the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design. Sessions cover the following:
- Information about the University of Houston admissions process
- How to apply for the Hines College, including how to submit a portfolio of creative works as a freshman, transfer, or change of major applicant
- How you can expect your admission decision to be communicated
- Degree plan requirements and details, including how UH core requirements fit into our degree plans
- The Hines College student culture and experience
- What makes the Hines College unique
- Relevant career paths and options
- Important deadlines
- Time for questions and answers
Information sessions are held in the Hines College's Allen Media Room, room 124 of the architecture building, for the spring semester. Contact the Student Services Office at 713.743.3463 or firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
Register for an In-Person Information Session
Information sessions for spring 2024 begin on January 5th and are held on Fridays through April 2024.
CLICK HERE to register for an in-person session.
Please email email@example.com with any questions about the fall 2024 application process.
Virtual Information Session & Building Tour
If you are unable to attend an in-person session, please watch the College’s virtual information session and check out our virtual tour. If you still have questions after watching the virtual session, you are welcome to attend an in-person session to get any questions answered or reach out to the Student Services Office for assistance.