You Impact Houston’s Next Generation of Designers
“We teach with the idea that Houston is our laboratory, challenging students to push the boundaries of architecture and design in this complex and diverse metropolis. When you support the UH College of Architecture and Design, you are investing in the future of the City of Houston through your support of Houston’s next generation of designers.”
– Dean Patricia Belton Oliver, FAIA
The support of our alumni and friends is what fuels the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design and our ability to provide students with unparalleled opportunities. Our students are exploring architecture and design in different and innovative ways. Your commitment ensures students are prepared with global minds that will help them thrive in multicultural societies, not just in Houston, but throughout the world.
In 2017, the University of Houston publicly launched, Here, We Go, a $1 billion capital campaign – the university’s largest campaign endeavor in history. As part of the campaign, the College of Architecture and Design identified the following priorities as key to the success of the college:
Endowed Faculty Chairs and Professorships
- Recruiting and retaining the best faculty is imperative to ensuring our students experience the best education possible. Support for professorships (starting at $250,000) recruits and retains industry leaders in Houston and diversifies our disciplinary depth.
- Through the "Here, We Go" campaign, the Bill Kendall Memorial Endowed Professorship was established in 2018, and reached over $1 million in 2019. Opportunities for additional endowed professorships in Architecture, Interior Architecture, Industrial Design, and 20th Century Preservation would take the Hines College to the next level.
Fabrication Zone – Advanced Technology Lab
- Currently under construction and adjacent to the Keeland Design Lab, our new Advanced Media Technology Lab will be a home for developing the next generation of structural materials and sensor technology. The design studio is a highly flexible design space for students from all across the college and university to work on their capstone projects with faculty and industry mentors — either individually or in groups — while also providing ample opportunity for cross-college interaction and synergy. This facility offers a naming opportunity at $5 million, with other opportunities for support.
Global Partnerships Endowment and International Scholarships
- Our college is internationally recognized for its programs and partnerships throughout the world. Through the creation of a Global Partnerships Endowment ($25,000+) and International Student Scholarships ($25,000+), we will increase student study abroad programs, participate in prestigious international competitions, and engage in new opportunities for international collaboration.
Show Your Support
You can easily make your gift online here. To make a gift by check, mail your check made out the University of Houston, to the address below:
University of Houston
Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design
4200 Elgin Street, Room 122
Houston, Texas 77204-4000
What can my gift support?
Show your support to a specific discipline, or simply make a donation to the Architecture and Design Excellence Fund. This fund allows Dean Patricia Belton Oliver, FAIA, to direct funds to the college’s highest priorities, including student financial support, college programs, urban design collaborations, innovative historical preservation partnerships, facilities, and alumni engagement. The Architecture and Design Excellence Fund is also used to support student projects and unexpected needs that arise throughout the year.
Director of Advancement