The Hines College Alumni Awards Committee is tasked to create an annual program honoring distinguished and committed alumni for their service to the profession, academia, and the global alumni community, and whose accomplishments and careers have brought recognition to the University of Houston.
The 2020 alumni award winners will be honored at the Annual Alumni Association Meeting on Thursday, September 17th, at 7:00 pm, via Zoom. See the 2020 recipients!
The following are awarded annually:
- The Distinguished Alumnus/a Award recognizes an individual demonstrating outstanding and uncommon achievement in their professional field and/or distinguished civic or public service.
- The Leadership Alumnus/a Award is given to an individual who has demonstrated outstanding and uncommon leadership by linking the community and the profession, through projects, initiatives, and public engagement.
- The Successful Entrepreneur Award recognizes an individual contributing significantly towards the development of entrepreneurship in the fields of design craftsmanship and innovation through outstanding proven performance as a business owner.
- The Innovator Alumnus/a Award is given to an individual who has demonstrated outstanding and innovative multi-disciplinary design and business skills applied to complex problem-solving.
- The Outstanding Young Alumnus/a Award is given to an individual, who has graduated within the past ten years, demonstrating outstanding and uncommon achievement in their professional field and/or distinguished civic or public service, early in their career.
- To nominate yourself or your fellow alumni, fill out the Nomination Form.
- Professional License: Not Required
- Fee: Free
- The award is a one-time honor, therefore, previous award recipients are not eligible.
- Members of the UHCOAD Alumni Board of Directors and the Award Selection Committee are not eligible for consideration.
- The nominee must hold a University of Houston earned degree or have completed at least twelve semester hours at UH.
- The nominee must be distinguished in his or her business, profession, life work, or another worthy endeavor.
- The nominee must be a person of such integrity, stature, and demonstrated ability that the award will reflect honor on the University of Houston and create a sense of pride among members of the university community.
- The nominee must have demonstrated a continuing interest in the University of Houston.
- The following documents are required to be submitted in the Nomination Form:
- Cover Letter addressed to “Selection Committee”
- Biography (with complete contact information)
- Relevant content to support the nomination (narrative, articles, images, etc.)
- Letters of Support can also be attached but are not required.
- No late entries. No exceptions.