Associate Professor of Medicinal Chemistry
Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Health 2, Room 7038
4349 Martin Luther King Boulevard
Houston, TX 77204-5039
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - 713-743-1275 - Fax: 713-743-1884
Isolation, and structure determination of biologically interesting substances from natural sources, (e.g. potential anti-microbial antiviral, and anticancer drugs) Developing innovative teaching methodology for better integration of Medicinal Chemistry into the basic and clinical pharmaceutical sciences.
- Ph.D. in Medicinal Chemistry-Biochemistry, University of Pittsburg School of Pharmacy
- M.S. in Medicinal Chemistry-Biochemistry, University of Pittsburg School of Pharmacy
- B.S. in Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy
- Teaching Medicinal Chemistry in the PharmD Curriculum: Reinforcing its Importance Utilizing Case-Based Studies. By Joydip Das, Julianna Fernandez, Dhara Shah, Louis Williams, and Munder Zagaar. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning (2017), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cptl.2017.09.004
- Screening of Antibacterial and Antifungal Activities of Ten Medicinal Plants from Ghana.B.R. Hoffman, H. Delasalas, K. Blanca, N. Wiederhold, R.E. Lewis and L. Williams, Pharmaceutical Biology, 42 (1), 13 (2004).
- Nutrition in Pharmacy Practice, I. Wolinsky and L. Williams, Published by the American Pharmaceutical Association (2002).
- Screening for Antitumor and Anti-HIV Activities of Nine Medicinal Plants from Zaire. D. N. Muanza, K. L. Euler, L. Williams and D. J. Newman, Int. J. Pharmacog., 33 (2), 98 (1995).
- Screening of Antibacterial and Antifungal Activities of Nine Plants from Zaire, D. N. Muanza, B. W. Kim, K. Euler and L. Williams, Int. J. Pharmacog., 32 (1994), No. 2, pp.
Awards & Honors
- Fulbright Senior Research and Teaching Scholar, Multidisciplinary Investigations on the Medicinal Properties of Natural Products, September 1983
- Fulbright Senior Research and Teaching Scholar, Continued Multidisciplinary Investigations on the Medicinal Properties of Natural Products, May 1985
- Phi Lamda Sigma Pharmacy, "Faculty of the Year," 1990-91
- Rho Chi Pharmaceutical Honor Society Teaching Excellence Award, 1991, 94, 95- 97 & 2001, 05, 07- 08, 2011, 2015 & 2017-8
- The Mr. Hollands Opus Award, presented by the December Class of 1996, in recognition for the highest commitment to educate and provide direction to students
- The Houston Alumni Organizations (HAO) Outstanding Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence and building a sense of community among students,1999 and 2001
- The Distinguished Alumnus Award Designee, University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, May, 2003
- The Preston W. Eldridge, Jr. Order of the Golden Mortar from the Kappa Psi International Pharmaceutical Fraternity for Fifty Years of Outstanding to the Fraternity, conferred, March 31, 2018
- The University of Houston Certificate of Recognition in Appreciation for 44 Years of Dedicated Service, conferred April 20, 2018