About UH at Sugar Land
UH at Sugar Land is a location of the University of Houston and home to many UH programs. The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services (DSAES) provides support services and events throughout the academic year. All students are invited to use these resources. Learn more about the DSAES departments at UH at Sugar Land.
Students who take classes at UH at Sugar Land may obtain a Cougar Card and a Shuttle Service decal in the UH at Sugar Land Auxiliary Services office, room 101 in the George Building (AMG).
Virtual Office Hours
The office for the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services is currently closed to promote social distancing measures as a result of COVID-19.
We continue to offer a number of remote and virtual services.
|DSAES Office Suite||Please see Cheryl Underwood at the Information Desk in the Lobby.|
|Integrated Enrollment Services||Offering limited in-person services from 8 a.m. to noon on Wednesdays. Remote and virtual services also offered. Visit the IES website|
|University Career Services||Please contact us at the UCS website for virtual services|
|Counseling and Psychological Services||Please contact us at the CAPS website for virtual services|
COUNSELING AND PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES
Leah McCoy, LPC-S, NCC
In order to provide you with safe and timely accessible service, all CAPS appointments for the students at the UH at Sugar Land instructional site are offered virtually via Teletherapy (phone and video). If you are interested in our services, simply call CAPS Mondays – Friday, 8:30 am - 4 pm, and request to speak with the Consultant on Duty. This initial contact is an opportunity for you and a CAPS clinician to determine what kinds of services will best meet your needs. This may include CAPS services or referrals to other campus and community agencies. Please let us know if you will need any accommodations or assistance with completing your paperwork at the time of your appointment.
If you are experiencing a crisis situation and need to speak with someone immediately, please contact CAPS at 713-743-5454, and you will be connected to the consultant on duty. If it is after business hours and you are in imminent crisis, please call 911 or CAPS at 713-743-5454, and you will be connected to the after-hours counselor.
INTEGRATED ENROLLMENT SERVICES
As advocates for student success, Integrated Enrollment Services resolves complex student issues and helps students stay in college.
A staff member will be available each Wednesday morning from 8 am to 12 pm during Fall 2020 in the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services Suite.
Outside of Wednesday mornings, staff members can be reached via our Enrollment Services Call Center at 713.743.1010. We also have virtual appointments available! Reach out to us via one of these methods to learn more information about our services.
Justin Dart, Jr. Student Accessibility Center
The Justin Dart, Jr. Student Accessibility Center provides academic accommodations and services to students who have a wide range of temporary or permanent disabilities.
To obtain disability documentation information, please see the "Documentation" tab.
To register with the Student Accessibility Center:
- Under the “How to Register with the Student Accessibility Center” Select New Student Application.
- Complete the New Student Application and Submit recent documentation (20 pages or less) from a qualified health care professional(s) or educational specialist. Include your most recent accommodation form, if applicable.
- Within 72 hours you will receive an intake packet email, please follow the directions within the email to complete the registration process.
- Attend the virtual intake appointment. Your accommodation form will be created and other paperwork will be completed during this appointment.
- Under the “How to Register with the Student Accessibility Center” Select Renewal Documentation Request
- Complete the renewal documentation request form and attach any updated documentation to the form.
- Your Student Accessibility Center Counselor will reach out to you to schedule a meeting to discuss your renewal request.
UNIVERSITY CAREER SERVICES
University Career Services (UCS) is a full-service career center offering students and UH alumni resources and assistance in the formulation and implementation of their career plans. In addition to supporting students, UCS provides recruiting and hiring opportunities for local employers. Please, see resources and services below:
Student & Alumni Career Resources
- Cougar Pathway is a hub for students and alumni to engage with UCS. Cougar Pathway allows students and alumni to schedule career counseling appointments, RSVP for events and workshops and apply to job opportunities (internships, on-campus jobs, part-time and full time jobs).
- Students can access Cougar Pathway by logging into AccessUH and clicking the Cougar Pathway icon.
- To schedule an in-person appointment or a drop-in session, please log on to Cougar Pathway through AccessUH.
- Visit our Virtual Drop-in hours during the following days and times using beginning, Monday, August 23 and ending on Friday, November 19, every week, Monday-Tuesday from 2-3:30 p.m., and Wednesday-Thursday from 10-11:30 a.m.
- To access virtual drop-ins log into our MS Teams drop-in channel. Students must use UH email to gain access.
- For quick questions, students may also text chat with a Peer Career Advisor using a Virtual Chat Platform by clicking on the Live Chat button on our website. Virtual chats are open Monday-Tuesday from 10-11:30 a.m., Wednesday-Thursday from 2-3:30 p.m. and Friday from 10-11:30 a.m. and 2-3:30 p.m.
- We will host workshops virtually using the Microsoft Teams platform. Please log on to Cougar Pathway through AccessUH to view upcoming virtual workshops and for more details.
Employer Recruitment Resources
Recruit & Hire
- UCS provides Sugar Land and Fort Bend County employers with the opportunity to recruit and hire UH students and alumni. Interested employers can follow the steps below to create an account within our online job board, Cougar Pathway. Cougar Pathway allows employers to post internships, part-time jobs and full-time opportunities based on employer qualifications and preferences. We encourage all employers to review our recruiting policies prior to beginning the registration process.
- Step 1: Create an account: Visit our How to create a Cougar Pathway account PDF for instructions
- Step 2: Post a job or internship: Visit our How to post a job or internship in Cougar Pathway PDF for instructions
- UCS hosts multiple types of recruitment, hiring and professional development opportunities. The primary way to recruit is through virtual or in-person career fairs. Visit the UCS Career Fair page for events, information and registration.
Ways to Get Involved
Campus Recreation offers a variety of recreation and fitness opportunities, including virtual recreation programs, to support student's health and well-being. Visit the Campus Recreation website or follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to participate in remote workouts, challenges, live group fitness classes, and eSports.
CDI fosters an inclusive university community by providing services, programs, and support that engage, empower, and educate our highly diverse student population and campus partners.
There are over 500 student organizations registered with the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) to serve the diverse population at UH. Visit Get Involved to find the right organization for you.
SGA is committed to understanding the needs of students and advocating on their behalf. Through continuous interaction with students, faculty, staff, and administration, the organization works to improve and enhance the quality of the student experience.
CSM provides opportunities for students to receive hands-on experience in print, online and broadcast media. Programs and additional support for students who are interested in digital media are available.
The student health center and campus pharmacy are located within the Health 2 building of the UH Main campus. They offer comprehensive primary care and prescription or over the counter medications to all currently enrolled UH students. The medical providers have clinical expertise in screening and prevention of disease as well as treatment and management of both acute and chronic illnesses. Students attending classes at UHSL are eligible for services.