How to schedule an appointment
- Log In to AccessUH
- Click the Cougar Pathway icon
- On the Cougar Pathway homepage, click “Request a Counseling Appointment”
- Select "Virtual" or "Phone" as your appointment location
Resources to know before scheduling your appointment
Connect with a Career Counselor during our Virtual Drop-in hours
Meet with a career counselor for 10 minutes for a resume/cv critique, career advice, or recommendations.
To access virtual resume drop-ins: access our MS Teams drop-in channel. Students must use your UH email to gain access. Once you gain access, you will enter our virtual lobby where a career counselor will pick you up for a one-on-one 10-minute resume drop-in session.
Virtual Etiquette Reminders:
- Don’t share your resume or any personal information in the general tab
- There is a time limit of 10 minutes for each drop-in session
- Resources to know before your drop-in appointment
- Explore our additional career resources
Spring virtual resume drop-in hours will begin on Tuesday, January 19, and end Thursday, April 29.
- Monday – Tuesday: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Wednesday – Thursday: 10:00 am – 11:30 am
Connect with a Peer Career Advisor during our Virtual Chat Hours
(10-minute virtual chat sessions)
To access virtual chats: Log onto www.uh.edu/ucs and look for the red 'Get Help' (Live Chat) to the right of the screen.
Spring virtual chat hours will begin on Tuesday, January 19, and end Friday, April 30.
Monday, Tuesday, Friday: 10:00 am - 11:30 am and Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Career Counselors can help you with the following:
- Explore vocational interests, personality preferences, and ideal potential environments that work best for you
- Discuss your vocational assessment results
- Explore what you can do with your degree/major
- Learn how to research different career fields, industries, and employers
- Discover what an internship is, why you need one, and how to get one
- Plan and conduct an effective job search
- Review your resume with helpful feedback
- Develop networking skills
- Learn how to navigate a career fair
- Find out how you can make yourself a more qualified job candidate
- Discuss what to expect in an interview
- Prepare for an upcoming interview by conducting a “mock interview”
- Professional Attire
- Dining Etiquette
- Reaching out, Following up, Thank you notes, etc.
- Evaluate and/or negotiate salaries and job offers
- Determining grad school programs that are right for you
- Discuss a Grad School Application Timeline
- Writing a Personal Statement
- Pros and Cons of Taking a Gap Year
- Grad School Interviews