Cougar Experience Scholarship
Student success is the University of Houston’s top priority, and the Cougar Experience Scholarship is an exciting award for students who make campus life even more vibrant by living in a residence hall and playing an active role in campus activities. First-time freshmen admitted by January 15, 2023, for the Fall 2023 semester are potentially eligible for the Cougar Experience Scholarship. This award is not renewable and does not include an in-state tuition waiver.
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will notify selected scholarship winners after the application process has closed and the selection committee has reviewed all the submitted essays. The notification period will begin during the month of April.
$4,000 ($2,000 for the fall semester, $2,000 for the spring semester; the money may only be applied toward UH residence hall expenses for the first year in college)
- Have completed the FAFSA or TASFA by January 15, 2023
- Have a financial need and an EFC of 8000 or less
- Submit a short essay (located within the application) by April 17, 2023.
- If selected, live in Cougar Village II during your first year
- Actively participate in two campus life activities during the school year.
- Application is by invitation only; invitees will receive a link to apply
All completed applications will be carefully reviewed for scholarship consideration. Selected students will be contacted with the next steps.
Deadline for Submissions:
April 17, 2023
April 28, 2023
Please visit AccessUH and click the Scholarship Universe Icon to apply.