Student success is the University of Houston’s top priority, and the Cougar Experience Scholarship is an exciting award for students who make campus life even more vibrant by living in a residence hall and playing an active role in campus activities. First-time freshmen admitted by January 15, 2024, for the Fall 2024 semester are potentially eligible for the Cougar Experience Scholarship. This award is not renewable and does not include an in-state tuition waiver.
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will notify selected scholarship winners after the application process has closed and the selection committee has reviewed all the submitted essays. The notification period will begin during the month of April.
$4,000 ($2,000 for the fall semester, $2,000 for the spring semester; the money may only be applied toward UH residence hall expenses for the first year in college)
- Have completed the FAFSA or TASFA by March 15, 2024
- Have a financial need and an EFC of 8000 or less
- Application is by invitation only; invitees will receive a link to apply
- Submit a short essay (located within the application) by April 17, 2024.
- Agree to live in suites designated for Cougar Experience Scholars in Cougar Village II
- Agree to attend and participate in all Cougar Experience activities
April 17, 2024
April 29, 2024
Please visit AccessUH and click the Scholarship Universe Icon to apply.