Any member of the UH community can nominate any full-time employee within the Division of Student Affairs (DSA) to receive our monthly Golden Paw – Employee of the Month Award. This award seeks to recognize the fantastic work being done year-round as we promote and maintain student success. Nominations are due by 5:00 pm on the fourth Wednesday of every month.
Nominate a Coog
Nominate a fellow staff member to receive a Golden Paw Award by submitting the online form. Make sure you are logged into your University of Houston Microsoft Office 365 account using your Cougarnet credentials. If the person you nominate does not win the award, their nomination will be reconsidered for up to 3 months.
How does it work?
Tips on who you should nominate
- Did a colleague do something for move-in that went above and beyond? Did they exceed expectations in supporting students during finals in December? Tell us WHY they should be recognized for their hard work!
- Anyone (students, faculty, staff, etc.) can nominate a full-time employee for this award – you do not have to be in the DSA to help recognize someone, but you do have to work within DSA to receive the award!
- If the person you nominate does not win the award, their nomination will be reconsidered for up to 3 months.
- All winners will be notified of their selection before the official announcement via DSA News and other social mediums.
- Please give us specific examples of why you think this person should win the Golden Paw Employee of the Month Award.
Nomination or selection for the Golden Paw Award does not prevent you from being considered for the Staff Council’s Cougar Cudos or the DSA End of the Year awards. So, you can nominate someone for all 3 awards, if you like.