Professor of Pharmaceutical Health Outcomes and Policy
Department of Pharmaceutical Health Outcomes and Policy
Office: Health 2
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun, Room 4050
Houston, TX 77204-5047
Contact: SSansgiry@uh.edu - 832-842-8392
- Conducting innovative research that progress mankind and the science of human health
- Developing strategies to improve academic progress and learning
- Evaluating innovative interventions to improve health and pharmaceutical outcomes
- Post-doctoral Pharmacoeconomic Research Fellowship at RxAmerica/Novartis sponsored fellowship
- Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmaceutical Sciences, emphasis in Pharmacy Administration, Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho
- Master of Science in Pharmacy, emphasis in Pharmacy Administration, Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Principal K. M. Kundanani College of Pharmacy, University of Bombay, Bombay, India
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Marwaha A, Zakeri M, Sansgiry S, Salim S. Combined Effect of Different Teaching Strategies on Student Performance in a Large-Enrollment Undergraduate Health Sciences Course. Journal of Advances in Physiology Education. Accepted.
- Zakeri M, De La Cruz A, Wallace D, Sansgiry SS. General Anxiety, Academic Distress and Family Distress Among PharmD Students. Am J Pharm Educ. Published online April 19, 2021:8522. doi:10.5688/ajpe8522.
- Laxa S, Xu Q, Serna O, Sansgiry SS. Incident Opioid use and COPD Exacerbation: A Cohort Analysis Among Older Adult Beneficiaries in a Medicare Advantage Plan Beneficiaries. Annals of Long-Term Care. (Submitted March 31, 2020.)
- Benjamin Lewing, Matthew Wanat, Paige Pitman, Sujit S. Sansgiry. Development and evaluation of additional college of pharmacy admittance variables: Life experiences and holistic composite scores, Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning, 2020, ISSN 1877-1297,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cptl.2020.05.015.
- Yande SD, Masurkar PP, Gopinathan S, Sansgiry SS. A naturalistic observation study of medication counseling practices at retail chain pharmacies. Pharm Pract 2020;18(1):1696. doi:10.18549/Pharm Pract.2020.1.1696
- Parna Haghparast, Damien Fisher, Benjamin Lewing, Sujit S. Sansgiry. Factors Associated With Intention to Pursue Pharmacy Residency: The Undecided Student Issue. Health Professions Education,Volume 6, Issue 2, 2020, Pages 170-175, ISSN 2452-3011, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hpe.2020.02.003.
- Xu Q, Laxa S, Serna O, Sansgiry SS. Factors associated with entering the prescription drug coverage gap among Medicare beneficiaries with COPD. Population Health Management. Online Ahead of Print: April 27, 2020. http://doi.org/10.1089/pop.2020.0013
- Xu Q, Laxa S, Serna O, Sansgiry SS. Medication use pre-post hospitalization for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a cohort of elderly Medicare Advantage plan patients. American Health & Drug Benefits. 2020:13(1):32-42.
- Xu Q, Wang L, Sansgiry SS. A systematic literature review of predicting diabetic retinopathy, nephropathy and neuropathy in patients with type 1 diabetes using machine learning. Journal of Medical Artificial Intelligence. 2020:3:6.
- Benjamin Lewing, Ruta Sawant, Matthew Wanat, Sujit S. Sansgiry. Examination of the admissions process and admissions outcomes of a college of pharmacy in the United States of America. Pharmacy Education. ISSN 1447-2701 2019; 19 (1) 138-145.
- Almogbel Y, Xu Q, Sansgiry S, Essien EJ, Fleming ML, Abughosh SM, Sansgiry SS. Association between parental expectation, parenting stress, and parents' adherence intention to medication therapy for children with asthma. Journal of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. 2019:2:666-673.
- Fleming ML, Driver L, Sansgiry SS, Abughosh SM, Wanat M, Varisco T, Pickrd T, Reeve K, Todd K. Drug Enforcement Administration Rescheduling of Hydrocodone Combination Products is Associated with Changes in Physician Pain Management Prescribing Preferences. Journal of Pain and Palliative Care Pharmacotherapy 33 (43):1-10.
- Sawant RV, Sansgiry SS. Chapter 11: "Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Health Outcomes and Policy Research." Pharmacy for the Curious. Why Study Pharmacy? Copyright - 2015 by the Curious Academy Publishing. Loc 1838-2083.
- Sujit S. Sansgiry and Harshali Patel. "Nonprescription Drugs," Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology, Taylor and Francis: New York, Published online: Aug 2013; 2300-2316.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the Rho Chi Teaching Excellence Award, 2021-2022
- Recipient of the Rho Chi Teaching Excellence Award, 2017-2018
- Recognized as one of the top 100 posters at ISPOR 2018 at Baltimore, MD, USA, 2018
- Recognized as one of the top 100 posters at ISPOR EU at Vienna, Austria, 2016
- Recipient of the Best Poster Award-Gold at the Annual Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy meeting, 2016
- Recipient of the 2015 Research Starter Grant in Adherence Improvement by the PhRMA foundation presented at the 20th Annual International Society of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research meeting in Philadelphia, PA, 2015
- Recipient of 2 Best Poster Awards, one in silver category and one in bronze category at the annual Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy Meeting, 2015
- Recipient of the Rho Chi Teaching Excellence Award, 2013-2014
- Recipient of the Best Poster Award-Bronze category at the annual Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy meeting, 2014
- Recipient of the Best Poster Award at the 14th annual Health Services and Outcomes research Conference Meeting, 2013
- Recipient of two best poster awards at the Pharmaceutical Health Outcome Symposium, University of Houston, 2013
- Recipient of the best poster award at the 13th annual Health Services and Outcomes research Conference Meeting, 2012
- Recipient of multiple best poster awards at the 12th annual Health Services and Outcomes Research Conference Meeting, 2011
- Recipient of the best poster award (out of 1150 presentations) at the 16th annual conference of the International Society of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research, 2011
- Recipient of the best poster award at the 11th annual Health Services and Outcomes Research Conference Meeting, 2010