The 2019-2023 Plan
Student Housing and Residential Life supports its mission, vision, and values by focusing on the following strategic objectives and goals:
Objective – Establish and enhance institutional and departmental brand with-in residential communities
- Envision opportunities to enhance aesthetics and décor.
- Update way-finding within residential buildings.
Objective – Maintain and enhance physical spaces
- Identify a cycle for common area furniture refresh.
- Create outdoor amenities and upgrade outdoor community spaces.
- Finish furnishing all residential apartment spaces within the University Lofts.
- Upgrade and enhance lock systems within residential facilities.
- Annually review and execute facility assessment plan.
- Increase cameras within residential facilities.
Objective – Execution of the Housing Master Plan
- Quad Replacement by August 2020.
- Moody Tower Replacement by FY 2022.
- Bayou Oak Project FY 2024.
- Graduate Student/Upper-Class Apartments by FY 2024.
- Graduate Student Family/Faculty and Staff Housing by FY 2025.
- Initiate refresh of Housing Master Plan by FY 2025.
Objective – Explore avenues to increase fundraising efforts
- Build alumni and friends engagement opportunities.
- Explore potential grant opportunities to support funding efforts.
- Leverage new construction to foster additional giving opportunities.
Objective – Sustain initiatives that support affordability, access, and amenities within SHRL
- Collaborate annually and support existing scholarship opportunities.
- Annually evaluate rate structure.
- Assess and evaluate conference services and guest housing model.
Objective – Enhance and evaluate community development plan
- All staff will be able to articulate the purpose of the community development plan.
- Assess goals/objectives of community development plan.
- Increase the utilization of existing campus partner programming.
Objective – Increase the utilization of our Faculty in Residence
- Increase the number of Faculty in Residence.
- Review SHRL engagement in the structure of the Faculty in Residence Program.
Objective – Increase the offering of Living Learning Communities
- Execution of the Minority Male Leadership Living Learning Community.
- Execution of the First Generation Living Learning Community.
- Creating Living Learning Communities for the Quad Townhouses.
- Review current Living Learning Community offering.
Objective – Utilize student feedback to improve satisfaction
- Starting Fall 2020, administer satisfaction survey every other academic year.
- Identify and formalize alternate feedback methods.
Objective – Identify paths for students to navigate SHRLs administrative processes
- Benchmark Frequently Asked Questions for website and publications.
- Benchmark institutions Resource Guide.
Objective – Student Housing and Residential Life will positively influence GPA, retention, graduation rates, and completed course credit hours of residential students
- FTIC retention will increase annually.
- Support behaviors known to influence student success annually.
- Intervene in behaviors that negatively impact student success annually.
Objective – Develop student learning outcomes for all student positions
- Create Student learning outcomes for Resident Advisors, Desk Assistants, Community Mentors, Resident Hall Association Exec., and National Residence Hall Honorary Exec.
- Create Student learning outcomes for remaining student positions (Graduate Assistants, Senior Desk Assistants, Conference Assistants, Department Student Assistants).
Objective – Student Housing and Residential Life will foster greater
connections among department staff
- Addition of a staff connections committee within the departmental committee structure.
- Establish a department tradition.
- Foster partnerships and collaboration among departments and across the division.
Objective – Student Housing and Residential Life will provide opportunities for (Personal/Relational) Professional Development of its staff members
- Every staff member will have an intentional professional development plan.
- The department will provide an environment that will enhance the Diversity training/experience our staff member.
Objective - Utilize technology to enhance staff communications
- Accessible SharePoint utilized by all staff.
Objective - Staff Recruitment, Onboarding, and Training
- All staff trained on technology such as Outlook, SharePoint, Lenel, Mercury, Maxient, etc).
- Comprehensive Onboarding Plan for New Employees.
- Develop comprehensive plan related to the recruitment and selection of professional staff.