Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for housing?
Applying for housing is easy! Simply log in to AccessUH using your CougarNet ID or MyUH Login, and select the myHousing icon to complete an application. Once your application is processed, you will receive a confirmation email.
How do I select my bedspace?
Applicants are not able to select their bedspace for the Spring 2022 application. Applicants are assigned to a residence hall by housing staff. Applicants can independently self-assign during general assignment after step 1: apply is completed. General self-assignment will open on March 1, 2022, and close on May 31, 2022. The room selection process is a "First Come First Serve” basis for all applicants who have an active application on file.
Where can I find information about COVID-19 updates and protocols in housing?
Please visit the following pages for updates and resources related to COVID-19 in on-campus housing:
What are the housing options available?
We have 7 on-campus housing options available for students. Cougar Village I, Cougar Village II, Cougar Place, University Lofts, Moody Towers, The Quad, and Bayou Oaks. Cougar Village I & II are reserved for freshmen. Moody Towers is available to all classifications of students. Cougar Place, The Quad, and Bayou Oaks are available to students who have sophomore standing or higher. The University Lofts are available to students who have junior standing or higher
How can I tour the residence halls?
Students can utilize the virtual tours for all residence halls on our website at, http://www.uh.edu/housing/prospective-residents/.
If you would like to take a virtual tour led by a UH Ambassador you can schedule an appointment by, visiting https://uh.edu/undergraduate-admissions/visit/campus-visit/.
How much does housing cost?
Each residence hall’s price point varies. You can view our Rate Sheet here.
Are freshmen required to live on campus at UH?
No, freshmen are not required to live on campus.
Are graduate students able to apply for housing?
Yes, graduate students can apply for housing! Graduate students can live in Cougar Place, Moody Towers, Bayou Oaks, or the University Lofts.
What residence hall is open for summer housing?
All summer applicants will live in the Quad. 2021-2022 current Bayou Oaks residents remain in the same bed space for Summer 2022. 2021-2022 current University Lofts residents have the option to remain in the same bed space for Summer 2022.
How do I find a roommate?
- Applicants can independently select open suites with more than 2-available bed spaces and inform the desired roommate/suitemate the suite information and the desired roommate/suitemate select any available bed space in the same suite during self-assign during general assignment from March 1, 2022, to May 31, 2023. Freshman applicants who are selecting suites in Cougar Village 1 & 2 can use the “pin code” that was created during the application step 1 section.
- If you are using the pin, one person must skip the roommate option and select a suite with (2 or more) available bed spaces, then assign to a bed space in the suite in one of the open spaces, and then the desired roommate can then complete the roommate information and pin code the system will assign that person to the same suite and in the opposite bed space in the same room. You both must qualify for the community or area of the building if you're in the honors or LLC area. If the bed space is not available, you will get an error message.
You can find a roommate using RoomSync. RoomSync is a self-selection app that allows you to find potential roommates that you may be compatible with. After you applied for housing, you should’ve received an email with a link inviting you to join RoomSync that will prompt you to set up your online profile. Once you’ve set up your RoomSync profile, you will be able to start viewing potential roommate matches.
Will I need my Cougar Card to live on campus? How can I obtain my Cougar Card?
Your Cougar Card is the official University of Houston access card for all students, allowing you entry to your on-campus housing location, to use your ShastaBUCKS, meal plans and on-campus printing. Your card also gives you entry to the on-campus Recreation Center and free entry into most UH games and events. Visit the Cougar Card website for Step-by-Step Photo Upload Guidelines and click here for more information about Cougar Cards.
How do I contact my residence hall front desk?
For general housing questions, contact the main Housing Office (M-F, 8am-5pm) at 713-743-6000.
You are also encouraged to call your front desk using the phone numbers below:
- Bayou Oaks - 713-743-6594
- Cougar Place - 713-743-6994
- Cougar Village I - 832-842-6020
- Cougar Village II - 713-743-6432
- Moody Towers North - 713-743-6057
- Moody Towers South - 713-743-6056
- The Quad – 713-743-6044
- University Lofts - 832-842-5638
What residence hall is open for summer housing?
All summer applicants will live in the Quad. 2021-2022 current Bayou Oaks residents remain in the same bed space for Summer 2021. 2021-2022 current University Lofts residents have the option to remain in the same bed space for Summer 2022.
What are my dining options if I choose to stay on campus?
For information about Dining Services and Meal Plans, visit https://dineoncampus.com/uh/hours-of-operation
Where can I park?
Residents who choose to bring a car to campus can purchase a parking permit through UH Parking & Transportation. A list of available permit options can be viewed here, https://uh.edu/af-university-services/parking/parking-on-campus/zones-student/
Are the residence halls open during winter break?
Yes. The residential halls are open through the academic term and through winter break.