OPT Self Report Form - University of Houston
Skip to main content

OPT Self Report Form

ISSSO’s OPT Self-report system has moved to a new reporting system through PeopleSoft. This software is located through MyUH and can be accessed by logging directly into MyUH or through AccessUH and going to the Academic Records tile. Then locate the folder name “F-1 OPT(X) Reporting eForm.” If you are unable to log in to AccessUH using your CougarNet, you can still log in using your UH/Student ID as shown in the instructions below.

Instructions for using MyUH
Instructions for using AccessUH

As this is a new reporting software, it may not have all your work information recorded in the system. Please let us know if you are unable to find your job information when reporting the end of a job or completing material changes for your OPT-X STEM Extension work. You can email sevis@central.uh.edu for any inquiries that you may have and include your student ID in the subject line.

OPT/X Self-Report FAQs

The personal information that you see pulls directly from PeopleSoft. If these fields are incorrect, you must go into the demographic part on the “Personal Information” tile in MyUH to make updates. Remember that ISSSO pulls the SEVIS address as your U.S. address for reporting purposes, and this is the address field that you should keep current any time that you report to us.

Once these changes are updated, you should see them right away on the reporting screen. Please allow us up to 21 days to report these changes to SEVIS through our batch processing. View our guide on how to update your SEVIS address.

As our office transitions to using this new software, we will need to add your employer information into PeopleSoft. This information was directly updated in SEVIS over the past years, and it will require time to have this up-to-date.

To help us gather your work history, you will need to add your current employer as a “new job” first. Once we complete and approve this request, then you will be able to pull up the employer information and report the end of your job. Remember that each reporting requires submission of a proper I-983 that has all 5 pages and the correct evaluation completed on page 5.

To make reporting easier on you and us, we ask that you verify your work information in the SEVP portal. If this is all correct, then you only need to complete the proper validation report option so we can report this to SEVIS.

If there has been changes to your job, such as a new supervisor or job title, then please report this as a “material change” using this option in the drop-down menu for the OPT-X reporting options.

Please direct email inquiries regarding the OPT self-report to sevis@central.uh.edu. Our office will follow up and look into the issue. Include your student ID in the email and any screenshots that shows the error that you are coming across so we can troubleshoot it for you.