Document Submission and Pickup
All requests require a "5-7 working day" processing time from the day after assigning your case with a staff member. To help meet your needs in a timely manner, we request you plan in advance when submitting documentation to our office.
Submission of documentation can be done by email at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (For Alumni on OPT only), or in-person at our office.
Unless otherwise noted, submission requests should be by email. DO NOT submit requests by email and in-person simultaneously. This may greatly delay the processing of your request.
Important note: All email communication should include your student ID in the subject line.
- Employment application submissions for CPT or OPT-X
- Updates to current non-immigrant status
- Change of degree level or program extension requests
- Reduced Course Load forms
- Another school’s Transfer In form, ISSSO’s Transfer Out form and admissions letter
- Inter-Institutional concurrent enrollment forms for graduate students (specific agreements between UH & other schools)
- Social Security letter requests (pick-up is only in-person)
- Adding or removing dependents from your form I-20 or DS-2019
- Submission of concurrent enrollment evidence (schedule & grades)
The following updates to your I-20 or DS-2019 can be done by using our Reprint Request form found by visiting our forms and publications page and submitting by email.
- Reprints for travel, lost, stolen, or damaged documents
- F1 I-20 Updates for OPT, OPT-X, or H1-B Cap-Gap
- Change of Major, Financial Updates, Personal Information Updates, etc.
Note: Due to updated guidance from SEVP, form I-20’s can be sent by email. This will be our form of communication unless otherwise requested by you to pick-up the original. Social security applications will require an original form I-20 or one that is electronically signed. DS-2019’s cannot be sent by email and has to be picked up in-person with original signature.
Our Online Letter Request System can help you get necessary letters virtually which include:
- Enrollment verification
- Enrolling at another school (keeping your SEVIS record at UH):
- Concurrent enrollment (at the same time as classes at UH)
- Transient enrollment (temporarily during UH school breaks)
- Invitation (for graduation, visit, or for dependent visa)
You can access the request letters online by visiting our page.
In-Person Submission and Pick-Up are Available for These Requests:
- Travel endorsements on current form I-20 or DS-2019
- Pick-up original form I-20 (by student only) or DS-2019
- Letters for various needs, such as:
- Financial expenses
- Social Security Card application
- Foreign verification of enrollment for tuition purposes
- J-1 Exchange Visitor Check-In and submission of immigration documents
You may come to ISSSO in order to gather information regarding your status, events, or other relevant benefits. These may include:
- Applications for ISSSO scholarships
- Exchange Visitor insurance options
- Submission of changed non-immigrant status
- Pick-up ISSSO forms or handouts
- Reporting intended departure from the U.S. after completing your studies
- Review of ISSSO registration holds