How to schedule an appointment
- Log In to AccessUH
- Click the Cougar Pathway icon
- On the Cougar Pathway homepage, click “Request a Counseling Appointment”
- Select "Virtual" or "Phone" as your appointment location
Resources to know before scheduling your appointment
Connect with a Career Counselor during our Virtual Drop-in hours
Meet with a career counselor for 15-minute resume/cv critiques, career advice, or recommendations.
To access virtual resume drop-ins: access our MS Teams drop-in channel. Students must use your UH email to gain access. Once you gain access, you will enter our virtual lobby where a career counselor will pick you up for a one-on-one 10-minute resume drop-in session.
Virtual Etiquette Reminders:
- Don’t share your resume or any personal information in the general tab
- There is a time limit of 15 minutes for each drop-in session
- Resources to know before your drop-in appointment
- Explore our additional career resources
Summer Virtual Resume Drop-In Hours will begin on June 7th and end on July 29th.
- Monday – Thursday: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Virtual Chat hours will resume for the fall semester.
Career Counselors can help you with the following:
- Explore vocational interests, personality preferences, and ideal potential environments that work best for you
- Discuss your vocational assessment results
- Explore what you can do with your degree/major
- Learn how to research different career fields, industries, and employers
- Discover what an internship is, why you need one, and how to get one
- Plan and conduct an effective job search
- Review your resume with helpful feedback
- Develop networking skills
- Learn how to navigate a career fair
- Find out how you can make yourself a more qualified job candidate
- Discuss what to expect in an interview
- Prepare for an upcoming interview by conducting a “mock interview”
- Professional Attire
- Dining Etiquette
- Reaching out, Following up, Thank you notes, etc.
- Evaluate and/or negotiate salaries and job offers
- Determining grad school programs that are right for you
- Discuss a Grad School Application Timeline
- Writing a Personal Statement
- Pros and Cons of Taking a Gap Year
- Grad School Interviews