View our Fall Save the Date Event Flyer
Save the Date - Fall 2021
- August 6 - Campus Jobs for Coogs (V)
- August 29 - JCPenney Suit-Up Event (I)
- August 30 – September 2 - #Prepare4theFair Week (V)
- September 10 - Energy Career Fair (V)
- September 13 - 17 - Grad School Prep Week (I)
- September 30 - All Majors Career Fair (H)
- October 4 - 8 - Major & Career Exploration Week (V)
- October 23 - UH at Sugar Land Career Fair (I)
- November 10 - Health & HDFS Internship Conference (V)
(V) = Virtual, (I) = In-person, (H) = Hybrid
Please, RSVP for the events in Cougar Pathway. Virtual event codes or links will only be sent to RSVPs.
University Career Services hosts a series of workshops throughout the year on a variety of career-related topics. Click below to view this semester’s lineup:
Employer Meet & Greets
During Meet & Greets employers make presentations on topics that include the organization's career opportunities, culture, products or services, and open positions. Students will have an opportunity to speak with the representatives in small groups or individually before or after the presentation. Professional or "business casual" dress is encouraged.
University Career Services plans special events throughout the year that are geared towards helping all students prepare for virtual career fairs, graduate school, virtual interviewing, or confidently choosing this major. Virtual events for this semester will include our Graduate School Open House, JCPenney Suit-Up event, #Prepare4TheFair Week, Graduate School Prep Week, Major and Career Exploration Week, and more!
- View the upcoming Special Events on the Event Calendar
Grad School Prep Week
Monday, October 4 - Friday, October 8
Times vary by event
Learn how to make yourself competitive for graduate and professional programs. Participate in our featured sessions such as those presented by representatives from the UH Writing Center, Law School, and Medical School.
Visit Cougar Pathway to RSVP and for more details.
Virtual Graduate Student Open House (for New & Returning Students)
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
6:00 pm–7:30 pm
Meet with University of Houston professionals for an in-depth overview of University Career services and learn about resources to support new and returning graduate students (those enrolled in a master's or doctoral program).
Guest speakers will include:
- Dr. Monica Thompson, Executive Director for University Career Services
- Dr. Sarah Larsen, Vice Provost and Dean of the Graduate School
- Mark Sursavage, Executive Director, UH Writing Center
- Caitlin Deis Assistant Director for Employer Development with University Career Services
This year will focus on professional development, professional writing, and grad student resources. We look forward to seeing you.
This will be a virtual event via zoom. RSVP in Cougar Pathway to receive the Zoom link the morning of the session.
Grad Student Professional Development Series: Virtual Mock Interviews
Thursday, October 7th, 2021
10:00 am–12:00 pm
2:00 pm–4:00 pm
Meet with a Career Counselor to practice your virtual interviewing skills. You will be provided with feedback on your verbal and nonverbal skills as well as resources to continue building your interview confidence.
Sign up for a mock interview timeslot and a confirmation email will be sent prior to your interview day.
A Career Fair is an event where recruiters and students can meet to discuss potential internship or career opportunities.
Attend virtual graduate/professional school fairs and career fairs from anywhere. UH students and alumni can connect with non-UH System affiliated virtual sessions to learn more about graduate programs and job opportunities within a variety of industries.