About Cougar Pathway
Cougar Pathway is the University Career Services hub for students, alumni, employers and faculty/staff. Cougar Pathway is an easy to use appointment scheduler, resume database, on-campus recruiting system, and a job database.
- Apply for internships and jobs
- Schedule a career counseling appointment
- View events and workshops
- Post an internship or job
- Register for a career fair
- Schedule on-campus interviews
- Post an on-campus job
- Review qualified candidates
- View events and workshops
Notice to all users of Cougar Pathway and On-Campus Interviews
Students and Alumni
Your Cougar Pathway account, interview requests, on-line job applications, and all updates is considered as and is handled as confidential information that will be released to prospective employers and/or third-party organizations only in accordance with the authorization options that you, the registrant, selects. University Career Services will not knowingly release the confidential information contained in your file to parties that are not approved by you. The completion of the Cougar Pathway Document and submittal of the same to University Career Services is accepted as your approval for University Career Services to release your resume(s), unofficial transcript information, and related documents to parties in accordance with said authorization options.
A primary objective of Cougar Pathway, On-Campus Interviews, and other services coordinated by University Career Services is to assist University of Houston students and alumni in making more informed career decisions and in obtaining employment that is consistent with their goals and interests. University Career Services reserves the right to deactivate the Cougar Pathway account file of any individual for failure to use it for its intended purposes, for willful misrepresentation of registration information, and/or for failure to observe and follow the policies and procedures of University Career Services.
State law requires that you be informed of the following:
- With few exceptions, you are entitled on request, to be informed about the information the University collects about you through the completion of forms, both paper and electronic, that are made available by University Career Services.
- Under Sections 552.021 and 552.023 of the Government Code, you are entitled to receive and review the information; and,
- Under Section 559.004 of the Government Code, you are entitled to have the University correct information about you that is incorrect.
To unsubscribe from UCS emails:
- Go to AccessUH and click on the Cougar Pathway icon
- Once on the Cougar Pathway home page, navigate to the left sidebar menu - "My Account"
- Click "My Account" and select "Email & Notifications" from the drop down menu
- Once on the Email and Notification page, scroll down to "News, Guides and Other Resources" section
- To UNSUBSCRIBE uncheck the last box "Other messages from our team" and click Save
Resumes and any supporting documents that are obtained through Cougar Pathway or On-Campus Interviews qualify as confidential information subject to the protections of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. The use of this information by any party other than members of your organization who are involved in the screening, interviewing, and/or hiring process is prohibited without the express consent of the job candidate.
All job candidates whose resumes are forwarded from University Career Services to prospective employers have provided their consent for such referral. Some job candidates will have chosen the additional option of approving the release of their resumes to third party organizations. "Third-party" organizations are defined as employment agencies, placement firms, executive search firms, and other organizations whose primary purpose is to place candidates with client firms. Third parties will receive the resumes only of those candidates who have approved said release to these organizations. Third party organizations may release resumes and any supporting documents to client firms only.
University Career Services reserves the right to refuse service to any employer or third party organization for failure to use its services for the intended purposes, e.g., to assist in the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of University of Houston students and alumni.
Contact us at UH at Sugar Land
University of Houston at Sugar Land
University Career Services
14000 University Blvd.
Sugar Land, Texas 77479-0800