Roaring Back for Students
UHCOP Golf Classic Sees Capacity Turnout of Players in Support of Pharm.D. Student Support
June 8 — University of Houston College of Pharmacy's 2022 UHCOP Golf Classic drew the highest player turnout in recent memory, with 75 alumni, faculty and friends of the college engaging in friendly competition at the Golf Club of Houston June 3 in support of Pharm.D. students.
A final tally of event proceeds is pending, but golf tournament organizers recognized this year's sponsors during the awards program:
- Gold ($2,500) – Jeff Harrison (Pharm.D. '05);
- Silver ($1,000) – David Wallace (Pharm.D. '98) & Sarah Lake Wallace (Pharm.D. '00), Chi Ngo-Chen (Pharm.D. '02) & Aycock & Compancy LLC, and Brookshire Brothers Pharmacy;
- Red & White ($500) – Doug Eikenburg, Melchor Garza ('92), Don Lackey ('81), Kip Lackey, and Jesus Saenz/Saenz Medical Pharmacy McAllen-Mission-La Joya, and PharmCare USA;
- Cougar ($150) – Chuck Kneip ('92) and Larry McClaugherty ('72).
In addition, several in-kind gifts were provided as door prizes from Cheddars, Chuy's, Cinemark, Escalantes, Kendra Scott, Main Event, UH Student Center Bowling Center, and Urban Air.
Among the competitions, the following teams and individuals secured top spots and prizes for outstanding play:
- 1st Place Low Gross – Chris Butler, Justin Dahse, Jeff Harrison and Jeff Rein
- 2nd Place Low Gross – Roy Armstrong, Dick Schneider, Kyle Schneider and Rick Schneider
- 1st Place Low Net – Karina Garza, Javier Ledesma, Briget Martinez and Ron Ozuna
- 2nd Place Low Net – Patrick Birney, Emmanuel Enwere, Scott Ferren and Edward Stemley
- Closest to the Pin – Malia Pettitt and Jeff Rein
- Longest Drive – Jo Beetz