Greetings from ISSSO!
We know you have many questions and concerns. I want to assure you that UH cares for you and is seeking the best interests of our international students. We are currently working with involved UH offices/departments on how to implement and respond to the SEVP COVID-19 guidance. We are also seeking additional clarification from SEVP regarding certain questions we have received. We will do our best to support you through this challenging time.
Here is list of things you should follow up within a timely manner:
- Please click and complete this survey immediately. This will help ISSSO know your plans for the fall semester in order for us to respond to the SEVP COVID-19 Guidance for Fall 2020.
- Your Fall 2020 registration:
- If you have already registered for classes for the fall semester, please be sure that you have at least one face-to-face class with a minimum of 3 credit hours.
- If you have not registered yet, please secure at least one face-to-face class with a minimum of 3 credit hours when the enrollment period opens to you.
- Please continue to monitor your class registration since the instructional mode may be subject to change during the open enrollment period.
- If this is your final semester or you have other eligible reasons that you are applying for a Reduced Course Load (RCL) for the fall semester, please complete the RCL form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If you are authorized for the RCL, you are still required to take at least one face-to-face class in order to remain in the U.S. unless you have a medical reason and you are authorized for “0” hour enrollment.
- If you cannot find a minimum of one face-to-face class for your required degree plan, please email email@example.com to seek assistance.
Also, I would like you to know that the University of Houston values your presence and contributions to the UH community. UH administration is working hard to advocate for our international students and do everything possible to support you and to keep you in compliance.
Again, I hope that you all stay healthy and safe,
International Student and Scholar Services