UH Student Services
Below are just a few of the many campus departments and organizations that provide a wide range of services and support to students. In addition to the University of Houston Main Campus, the Dart Center also serves the beautiful Sugarland and Katy campuses. All students registered with Dart will utilize the same student AIM portal.
- Campus Recreation: Campus Recreation provides inclusive recreational experiences that inspire student success and lifelong well-being.
- Center for Student Empowerment: CSE creates academic opportunities for participants in the program in concert with the community, corporate networking, and support. The program promotes scholarship, community service, and personal and professional development by offering a holistic approach to advising. The services that CSE offers have been strategically chosen to develop CSE students into well-trained career professionals.
- Challenger Program: The Challenger Program is designed to assist you in every way possible to complete post-secondary education at the University of Houston. The program offers tutoring, counseling, academic instruction, financial aid advisement, and social enrichment.
- Cougars in Recovery: Cougars in Recovery (CIR) provides students in recovery from addiction a safe and substance-free environment that assists and supports them as they pursue their academic and professional goals, walk the path of recovery, and participate in the diverse social opportunities available on campus.
- Counseling and Psychological Services: CAPS embraces the belief that students’ mental health is a vital component of their academic, professional, and personal success. CAPS will expand awareness of and access to mental health services in order to positively impact the emotional well-being of the campus community, enhance help-seeking behaviors, and effectively assist students to become engaged global citizens.
- Division of Student Affairs: The Student Accessibility Center is a department within the Division of Student Affairs. Check out the other departments to see what is offered.
- Equal Opportunity Services: The Office of Equal Opportunity Services (EOS) supports the University's goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive environment by engaging in community dialogue, providing prevention education and training, and enforcing the Anti-Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct/Title IX Policies.
- LAUNCH: Learning support programs and self-development activities designed to increase student academic performance and improve student retention. Individualized diagnostic, prescriptive, and instructive educational plans, as well as group intervention programs, are available. All services are free to currently enrolled students.
- Scholar Enrichment Program: UH’s College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics implemented the Scholar Enrichment Program (SEP) in 1992 for the academic enhancement and retention of undergraduate students. Based on the Collaborative Learning Model, SEP’s hallmark is the creation of a learning community for students in high-risk classes, with workshops designed to enhance learning and problem-solving skills. SEP offers scholarships/stipends, a study center, enrichment workshops, mentor program, test prep and study skills seminars, and computer facilities.
- Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic – provides evaluation and treatment services for speech, language, and hearing disorders.
- Student Health Center and Campus Pharmacy: The mission at the Student Health Center & Campus Pharmacy is to provide cost-effective, comprehensive, compassionate, and quality primary medical care to all UH students so they can learn best health practices and maintain their focus on successful academic outcomes.
- UH Wellness: UH Wellness is here to support students in all of their health and well-being needs. They cultivate a community of care to promote and enrich the health and well-being of our students to become successful scholars and engaged global citizens.
- University Eye Institute – provides comprehensive eye and vision examinations. Students, faculty, and staff receive fee reductions for primary examinations and optical materials.
- Veteran Services Office – provides counseling to assist student-veterans and benefits-eligible dependents in processing their educational benefits as well as personalized counseling on a wide variety of concerns.
Visit the Information for Current Students page for a list of all other services available at the University of Houston.
Other Helpful Information for Students
- Shell Sponsored Employment Presentation (PPT, 444 KB)
- UH Disabled Parking Policy
- Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Center for Student Involvement
- College Scholarships, Colleges, and Online Degrees
- Courses and Enrollment
- Federal Student Aid
- Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Student Residential Life & Housing
- Student Organizations
- You Roll Girl! (support group for women with disabilities, age 17 and up)
- Students with Dyslexia
- Summer Earn and Learn
- Scholarship Resource for Students With Disabilities