Liaison to the College of Technology
Cynthia Olmedo joined the University Career Services (UCS) team as the assistant director of Alumni Career Services in April 2015. She assists UCS leadership in providing career development assistance to UH alumni seeking assistance with their job search. Additionally, she will facilitate awareness of services with an emphasis on developing new employment opportunities for UH alumni in the greater Houston community.
Cynthia graduated with a Bachelor of Science from UH. Cynthia later earned her Master of Business Administration. She has over ten years of experience as an employment counselor improving workforce development opportunities within the Texas Workforce Commission agency including unemployment services, youth programs, and workforce training opportunities. She previously served as a career counselor for the University of Houston, College of Technology.
Workforce development is her career focus. She prides herself on helping others discover their passions, enhance their skill set, market their professional brand, and network their talents to compete in a global workforce.
- Health First Aid Certification: Council for Behavioral Health (2016-2019)
- Supervisor Training Enrichment Program (STEP) (2016)
- Strong Interest Inventory Assessment Certification (2016)
- Houston Area Consortium of Career Centers (HACCC) active member (2015- Present)
- Houston Community College Alumni Advisory Board (2010- Present)