Skip to main content

Foreign Travel Accident Insurance

Occassionally, employees may travel for University of Houston business purposes. While Workers' Compensation may potentially cover medical costs incurred from medical treatment that takes place in Texas for an injury sustained elsewhere, it will not extend coverage for any expense incurred abroad. However, our Blanket Special Risk policy can potentially assist with travel accident coverage.

Important note: Coverage extends to employees only, and will not apply to students unless specifically designated onto the policy. 

Coverages include, but are not limited to:

  • Accidental Death 
  • Accidental Dismemberment
  • Accidental Medical
  • Emergency Evacuation with Family Travel
  • Paralysis
  • Repatriation of Remains
  • Sickness Medical Expense Benefit

If you have plans to travel internationally for University business purposes, contact Risk Management to discuss your travel insurance options.