Skip to main content

Claims Reporting


It is imperative that Risk Management is made aware of any incident that occurs on campus that could be considered a claim within 1-2 business days. This includes (but is not limited to):

  • An employee who is injured
  • If someone who is not an employee is injured on campus 
  • University vehicles or golf carts involved in an accident
  • Property damage to University owned property

Claims Reporting

Workers' Compensation

Follow this link for instructions: Workers' Compensation Claims


Drivers must contact Risk Management to provide all information needed to report the accident to our insurance carrier and to establish a claim for physical damage if applicable. The Auto Accident Report form should be completed by the University Driver.


Complete the Property Loss Notification form and submit to Risk Management when there is property damage. Risk Management must be made aware of property damage as soon as practicable. 

General Liability

Accidents or incidents which create a possible liability against the University must be reported promptly to your Campus Risk Management Contact. The Student/Visitor Incident Form must be completed by the student or visitor, and the Tort Liability Incident Report form should be completed by the department if required by Risk Management.

All Other Claims

Contact Risk Management immediately of any incident that may be a potential claim.