Skip to main content

Foreign Travel Liability Insurance

The University purchases a foreign general and auto liability insurance policy for the purpose of protecting the institution and its employees from liabilities arising out of work in foreign countries. Employees traveling to foreign countries should access the following website for current travel advisories: Travel Warnings & Consular Information Sheets


In most cases, the University does not provide insurance for student international travel, however it is highly recommended. Please visit the University of Houston Learning Abroad website for additional resources.