Giving Society Honors Largest Class of Inductees for Support of College, Students
The Mading Society welcomed its largest class of University of Houston College of Pharmacy donor inductees during the society's 2018 Induction & Dinner Oct. 5 at Houston's Belltower on 34th Street.
The Mading Society was established in 1997 by the University of Houston College of Pharmacy to recognize individual donors who have made gifts or bequests of $10,000 or more to the college. In 1998, membership privileges were extended to corporations and foundations that contribute $25,000 or more in cumulative gifts to the college. The society was named in memory of Cora and Webb Mading, the first major benefactors of the college.
"Words cannot adequately express our gratitude for the generosity and loyalty of our alumni and friends in their support of pharmacy education," said UH College of Pharmacy Dean F. Lamar Pritchard, Ph.D., R.Ph. "Members of the 2018 class and our red coat honorees have made a lasting impact on our college and our students through new scholarship and program endowments, support for our new state-of-the-art home in Health 2, and other areas of need within the college."
The 2018 inductees were:
- Roger W. Anderson;
- R. Pansy ('90) and Jeff Chan;
- Ronald B. Dowell ('61);
- Mary (’80) and John (’77) Espinoza;
- Clay Hawkins ('80);
- Sharathcha S. Hegde (Ph.D. '90);
- Ed Horton ('74);
- Jasper J. (FS '65) and Deborah Lovoi, Jr.;
- Keisha ('97) and Jasper J. (Pharm.D. '02) Lovoi, III;
- Rondena M. Mackey ('69);
- Rakesh V. Patel ('95);
- Maureen ('93) and Sean (UHCL M.B.A. '04) Powers;
- Stanley M. Reinhaus;
- Tyra (UHCL M.S. '02) and Edward C. Stemley, Jr.;
- Robby ('71) and Shari Timberlake;
- Joyce A. Tipton ('79) and Lucy Marguerite Moyer ('80);
- Alex (Pharm.D. ’05) and Divya Varkey;
- Matthew A. Wanat; and
- Sheila Sue Lidstone ('79, UHCL M.A. '86) and Christopher Charles Webber ('80, M.B.A. '85).
In addition, five Mading Society inductees or existing members were recognized with "Cougar Red" coats in appreciation for reaching milestone giving levels:
- David DeVido ('64) and Rosemarie DeVido;
- Barbara A. and G. Chester Irons;
- Rondena M. Mackey ('69); and
- Nicholas J. Martino ('64).