For habitual offenders or at the discretion of Parking and Transportation, an immobilization device may be used in lieu of towing.
If a RiseTek boot immobilization device has been placed on your vehicle's front driver's side tire:
- Call the number on the boot and pay the citation owed to UH (832-900-9121 / 24 hours a day)
- Once paid, you will be given a six-digit code to release the boot.
- You have 24 hours to return the boot. If not returned within 24 hours, there is a $100 late fee, plus a fee of $100 for every day after that.
- You may return the boot Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Parking and Transportation Customer Service Office, 4224 Elgin St., or place it in the RiseTek Box (bright green) near the visitor entrance to the Elgin Street Garage.
- You can call customer service office at 832-842-1097 and pay via phone Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and return the device to the location above.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT to move the vehicle, as doing so will cause damage.
- If you fail to return the device, there is a $850 replacement fee.