Celebrating CLASS 2020 Graduates
The commencement ceremony for the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences will be held at 9 a.m. on Thursday, August 12, 2021 at the Fertitta Center.
Expected Grad Arrival Time: 7:45 a.m., entrance at 3840 Holman Street (directly across from Stadium Parking Garage)
Guest Tickets Required
Tickets are required for all event guests. Each 2020 CLASS grad responding to the official event RSVP received four (4) guest tickets via e-mail Friday, July 16, 2021. All tickets are general admission.
Graduates will not need a ticket. Graduates who do not receive guest tickets should contact the UH ticket office at 713-462-6647 or email@example.com
Stage Page Required
Mandatory: Each CLASS 2020 grad must arrive at the grad entrance with their printed Stage Page. Expect to receive your Stage page via e-mail July 30, 2021. Print the Stage Page. You must have this Stage Page with you at the ceremony. As you arrive on stage you will hand this paper to the reader who will announce your name.
Bring Stage Page to the ceremony: (an image on a phone DOES NOT take the place of the actual page). Retain this Stage Page all during the ceremony and bring it with you as you advance to the stage for your big moment!
We encourage you to become familiar with the commencement website www.uh.edu/commencement as this will be where the most current information can be found.
GRAD CHRONICLE VOLUME 1
THURSDAY, JUNE 17, 2021
Things to know:
- All CLASS graduates from Spring, Summer and Fall 2020 will have the opportunity to walk the stage, have their name called and have their photo taken in their regalia.
- To stay within safe venue capacities, graduates will be allowed up to four (4) guest tickets.
- All guests will need a ticket, regardless of age.
- Information on how to obtain your guest tickets will be posted soon.
- All ceremonies will be live streamed so those not able to attend can still share in the experience. They will also be available after the scheduled time for future viewing.
- Regalia (cap and gown) will be required to participate in the upcoming ceremonies. Regalia can be purchased by visiting the Herff Jones website. The deadline to order regalia online is Wednesday, July 14.
- For all questions regarding regalia, please contact the UH Bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-741-7095.
- If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com .
GRAD CHRONICLE VOLUME 2
MONDAY, JUNE 28, 2021
The University of Houston will hold in-person commencement ceremonies for the Class of 2020 on August 11, 12 and 13 at the Fertitta Center.
If you plan on participating in your ceremony, you must submit your RSVP by Wednesday, June 30.
Click HERE to submit your RSVP
Please note, if you have already submitted your RSVP you do not need to resubmit.
The finalized schedule with confirmed dates and times will be posted to the commencement website www.uh.edu/commencement on Friday, July 2nd.
GRAD CHRONICLE VOLUME 3
FRIDAY, JULY 2, 2021
Class of 2020 Commencement Schedule: College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences.
Thursday, August 12, 2021, 9 a.m. at Fertitta Center.
GRAD CHRONICLE VOLUME 4
THURSDAY, JULY 15, 2021
Class of 2020 Commencement Ticketing Information
- All graduates that submitted an RSVP will have a link to download four (4) tickets emailed to them on Friday, July 16.
- All guests (regardless of age) will require a ticket to enter the venue, this includes infants and children. Graduates will not need a ticket.
- Tickets will be general admission and seating will be on a first come, first served basis.
- The tickets will be coming from firstname.lastname@example.org and will be sent to the email address provided when the RSVP was submitted.
- Be sure to check your spam/junk folder if you have not received the link to download your tickets.
- Please be sure to download your tickets prior to attending your event.
- Once a barcode on a ticket has been scanned, that ticket will no longer be valid. Duplicated tickets will not be accepted.
- If you have not received your tickets by the end of the day on Friday, July 16, please contact the Houston Athletics Ticket Office at email@example.com or 713-GO-COOGS
GRAD CHRONICLE VOLUME 5
TUESDAY, JULY 27, 2021
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
- Complimentary parking for the Class of 2020 commencement ceremonies will be available at the Stadium Garage located at 3874 Holman St. Houston, TX 77204.
- There is significant construction on Cullen Boulevard. We recommend graduates and guests use Scott Street to reach the Stadium Garage.
- Handicapped parking is available on the first level of the Stadium Garage through the Visitor Entrance. Please display a valid handicap decal or hangtag.
- Please allow enough time to get to the venue and park. Ceremonies will begin promptly.
- All public entrances at the Fertitta Center are ADA accessible.
- The Fertitta Center has ADA accessible seating in Sections 103, 107, 110-112, 114-117 and in the Sideline Club.
- Closed captioning and interpreters will be available for all ceremonies.
- Doors will be opened an hour and a half prior to start time for guests with disabilities.
- All restrooms are accessible to our guests with disabilities.
FERTITTA CENTER CLEAR BAG POLICY
- Items such as backpacks, purses and diaper bags are not permitted.
- The UH Clear Bag Policy permits bags made of clear plastic, vinyl or PVC.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc or similar) are also permitted.
- Clear bags must not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”.
- For more information about the UH Clear Bag Policy, please visit the link below: https://www.uh.edu/fertitta-center/plan-your-visit/clear-bag-policy/