Skip to main content


The post-baccalaureate status is designed for applicants who have earned one or more degrees at an accredited institution and seek another undergraduate degree, wish to enter a non-degree program, or wish to further their education by taking courses in varying fields of study.

Students who received their prior degree at another institution should apply to the Office of Admissions to be admitted as a post-baccalaureate student. Students who received their prior degree at the University of Houston and wish to change their classification to “post-baccalaureate” should submit a general petition to the department of their major or, if undeclared, the Academic Advising Center.

Post-baccalaureate students can take undergraduate courses, pursue a second degree, or meet the prerequisites needed for the graduate majors. Students are required to submit an official transcript from the student's previous institution showing a bachelor's degree, if applicable.


Additional Information for:

Advising/Academics and Enrollment