In order to park a vehicle at the University of Houston at Sugar Land, all students, faculty and staff must have a valid UH parking permit.
(Please note: Parking and Transportation Services no longer provides shuttle services to the Smart Financial Centre.)
Overview of Parking Permit System
- Sugar Land permits can be purchased through AccessUH by logging into the myParking icon and clicking the “Get Permit” button.
- Purchases and returns can be made at any point during the semester and are prorated weekly.
- Permits will be mailed to the address selected and may be purchased through Visa/MasterCard, fee bill (students) or payroll deductions (faculty/staff).
- Payroll deductions for faculty/staff begin Oct. 1. Payments are divided by the length of employee’s contract (9 or 12 months).
- Credit card payments are processed immediately.
- The UH at Sugar Land permits are valid at the following locations:
- UH at Sugar Land: any unrestricted space, 24/7
- UH main campus
- Zone E, 24/7
- Any ungated lot at main campus - Monday-Thursday after 3 p.m. and Friday-Sunday.
- All active UH parking permits are permitted to park at UH at Sugar Land.
2021-2022 Permit Prices
The 2021-2022 Sugar Land parking permits are $295 for University of Houston at Sugar Land students and faculty. The cost of the permit prorates over the course of the year. To be eligible for the UH at Sugar Land permit, a UH student must be taking the majority of their credit hours for the semester on the Sugar Land campus. Eligible students who do not see the Sugar Land permit option in their parking account should contact Parking and Transportation Services, who will verify eligibility.
Information about other UH parking permits can be found here. WCJC students, faculty and staff can find permit information here.
Violators of the University's parking rules and regulations can receive citations. Habitual or flagrant disregard of the rules and regulations is grounds for suspension of campus parking privileges or stronger action by the University. Parking citation appeals must be received by Parking and Transportation Services.
Hourly parking is available via the gated visitor lot in front of the University Branch Library. UH parking permits will not grant entry into the visitor parking area. Payments can be made upon exiting via credit or debit card only. The rates are:0-1 hour: Free
1-2 hours: $2
2-3 hours: $4
3-4 hours: $6
4-5 hours: $8
5-24 hours: $10
Please contact UH at Sugar Land Parking office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 832-842-3060 for more information.