Sugar Land Parking
In order to park a vehicle at the University of Houston at Sugar Land, all students, faculty and staff must have a valid UH parking permit.
Overview of Parking Permit System
- Sugar Land permits can be purchased through AccessUH by logging into the myParking icon and clicking the “Get Permit” button.
- Purchases and cancellations can be made at any point during the semester and are prorated weekly.
- The UH at Sugar Land permits are valid at the following locations:
- UH at Sugar Land: any unrestricted space, 24/7
- UH main campus
- Zone E, 24/7
- Any ungated lot at main campus - Monday-Thursday after 3 p.m. and Friday-Sunday.
- All active UH parking permits are permitted to park at UH at Sugar Land, with the exception of the UH at Katy permit. The evening-weekend permit cannot be used until 3 p.m. Monday-Friday.
UH at Sugar Land Permit
To be eligible for the UH at Sugar Land permit, a UH student must be taking the majority of their credit hours for the semester in face-to-face classes on the Sugar Land campus. Eligible students who do not see the Sugar Land permit option in their parking account should contact Parking and Transportation Services, who will verify eligibility.
Information about other UH parking permits can be found here. WCJC students, faculty and staff can find permit information here.
Violators of the University's parking rules and regulations can receive citations. Habitual or flagrant disregard of the rules and regulations is grounds for suspension of campus parking privileges or stronger action by the University. Parking citation appeals must be received by Parking and Transportation Services.
Hourly parking is available via the gated visitor lot in front of the University Branch Library. UH parking permits will not grant entry into the visitor parking area. Payments can be made upon exiting via credit or debit card only. The 2022-2023 rates are:0-30 minutes: No charge
31 minutes-1 hour: $3
1-2 hours: $5
2-3 hours: $7
3-4 hours: $9
4-24 hours: $12
Additional visitor parking is available in Lot 1A, which is behind Brazos Hall. This map shows its location. Payment will have to be made by credit card through text to pay virtual meters by using your smart phone to text UHSL to 25023, then following the prompts. The 2022-2023 text to pay rates are:
Other UH System Permits
The University of Houston has a reciprocity agreement with the other UH System campuses to honor their parking permits on a temporary basis for business needs. Vehicles must display a current UH System Campus permit and are permitted to park at UH at Sugar Land. The reciprocity agreement is intended for business visitations only and not for multiple consecutive uses. For special considerations, please contact Parking and Transportation in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss. A transfer of employment or classes would necessitate the purchase of a UH parking permit.
Please contact UH at Sugar Land Parking office at email@example.com for more information.