This scholarship was inspired by B. Renae Milton, an UH alumna, long-term staff member, and former Staff Council Program Manager, who supported family-friendly policies and put three sons through college.
The Staff Council B. Renae Milton Students of Staff Scholarship provides scholarship assistance to University of Houston students who are dependents of a UH staff member.
Staff Council awards one $500.00 scholarship to a student who attends UH.
2020-2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 8, 2020
To be considered for the Staff Council B. Renae Milton Students of Staff Scholarship:
The Staff member:
- Must be employed in a full-time, benefits-eligible position at the UH for at least one year as of February 11, 2020.
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to staff excellence and service to the University.
The Student candidate:
- Must be a dependent of a UH staff member.
- Must be a full-time, degree seeking student in good academic standing at the UH.
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to academic excellence and potential to succeed and contribution to the university and/or surrounding community.
How to Apply
Each applicant shall submit an application packet containing the following information by Friday, May 8, 2020 5:00PM. (Incomplete packets will not be reviewed).
- Complete and submit the scholarship application form together with supporting documents to email@example.com in MS Word or PDF format
- All college transcripts of the student. The transcripts need not be official copies, but they must be legible.
- Typed essay (maximum one page, double-spaced, 12 point font, no exception) explaining academic goals and a personal statement regarding why you believe you should receive this scholarship. The essay should include information about the staff member's contribution to the university and applicant's contribution to the university and/or surrounding community.
- Two letters of recommendation (from teacher, manager, community leader, etc.). Letters should be as specific as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection and Distribution Process
- The scholarship is credited to the recipients’ UH academic account when proof of registration is received.
- The scholarship is credited to an academic course for UH credit during FY21 (Fall ’20, Spring ’21 or Summer ’21).
- The scholarship can only be applied during the academic year for which it is awarded.
- Any recipient who cannot utilize the scholarship should notify the UH Staff Council Scholarship Committee. Staff member of recipient must still be employed by the University on the first day of class in the semester in which the scholarship is to be awarded.
2019 - 2020 B. Renae Milton Students of Staff Scholarships Recipients
Carina Pouraryan (CLASS) Mohamedali Walla (NSM)
Fariba Pouraryan (Staff, UH Law Center) Laura Lee (Staff, College of Education)
2018 - 2019 B. Renae Milton Students of Staff Scholarships Recipient
2017 - 2018 B. Renae Milton Students of Staff Scholarships Recipient
2016 - 2017 B. Renae Milton Students of Staff Scholarships Recipient
Honoring B. Renae Milton
Support Staff Council Scholarships