Campus Recreation supports the University of Houston mission by providing affordable Personal Training as an opportunity for learning, discovery, and engagement to the UH community. We strive to provide UH students personal and professional development through employment as Certified Personal Trainers. Our goal is to educate clients to exercise safely and effectively for life. Your Personal Trainer will work with you to develop an exercise program based on your unique history, attitudes, and obligations to help you reach your fitness and wellness goals.
Virtual Personal Training
Improve your fitness without entering the CRWC by working with a trainer one-on-one in a virtual environment. Limited access to a fitness facility increases the need for guidance from a certified fitness professional. We conduct exercise sessions via your choice of live video platform and teach you to use what you have available to reach your personalized fitness goals.
|PERSONAL TRAINING SESSIONS||COST|
|4 Session Package||$125|
|8 Session Package||$215|
|12 Session Package||$300|
|16 Session Package||$400|
|20 Session Package||$500|
|SMALL GROUP SESSIONS||COST|
|4 Session Package||$190|
|8 Session Package||$300|
|12 Session Package||$410|
All packages include a FREE Fitness Assessment
- All personal training sessions will be purchased at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center – Welcome Desk Member Services.
- All sessions must be purchased in advance of the conduct of any individual training appointments.
- These rates are Non-Negotiable.
- To purchase PT packages you must be a member of the CRWC.
Personal training sessions are nontransferable and nonrefundable.
Our trainers are University of Houston Students, who are certified through nationally accredited organizations, such as the American Council on Exercise (ACE), National Academy, of Sports Medicine (NASM), the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and others.
Personal Training Request
Please complete the Personal Training Request Form.
Personal Training Policies
- Availability is limited and clients may be placed on a wait-list until an appropriate trainer becomes available.
- All Personal Training should be purchased and paid for at the Member Services desk. Training packages must be purchased in advance of training sessions and fitness assessments.
- Clients may elect to transfer to a different trainer at any time for any reason by contacting the administrative staff.
- Training sessions are 55 minutes in length and must be conducted at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center.
- All cancellations must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Late and uncommunicated cancellations will result in the loss of a session.
- Individual training sessions will be conducted as one-on-one training sessions only.
- Personal Training may only be conducted by current, on-duty Campus Recreation staff.
- Clients must have a valid Cougar Card with them to enter the facility or valid CRWC membership card.
Fitness Programming Request
Complete this form to find out more about various free exercise programs that you can be enrolled in with a trainer. You will be further informed on goals such as weight loss, general fitness, and general strength then categorized into different experience levels: beginner, intermediate, or advanced.