OUR SUMMER GROUP FITNESS SCHEDULE IS AVAILABLE NOW!
Group Fitness is included in your membership at no additional cost. To participate in Group Fitness Classes, please follow the steps below:
- Check the schedule to find a class you would like to join.
- If the class is in-person, navigate to myrec.uh.edu, select “Programs/ Access”, then select “Fitness”, and find your class.
- Find your class day/ time, select “register”, and follow the prompts. It will indicate that you “purchased” the class for $0.00.
- Tell the Fitness Attendant your name when you arrive at the class so they can check you in.
- If you show up without registering, you may not join if the class is full.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early
- Bring your own mat
- Bring water
- Let the instructor know of any previous injuries you may have.
Fitness Instructor Training
Do you have a passion for health, fitness, and helping others? Are you interested in becoming a fitness instructor? Attend our fitness instructor training this summer! All are welcome to come to learn about our Fitness Instructor Training and what it takes to be a fitness instructor!
- July 14 – Mind-Body Formats from 3:00 - 7:00 pm
The training will prepare you to teach at UH Recreation.
Register here for only $10.
Fitness Professional Interests Meeting
Interested in becoming a Group Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer? Join us for an interest meeting to learn how to become an instructor or trainer and how you can work for Campus Recreation during this process.
- August 26, 2022
- Interests Form
Fitness Instructor Auditions
The Fitness Program at Campus Recreation is looking for enthusiastic group fitness instructors! Experience is preferred but not required. Develop a 10-minute group fitness class of your choice and start your part-time fitness career with us.
- July 21 - 4:00 - 6:00pm
- July 22 - 11:00am - 1:00pm
- July 28 - 4:00 - 6:00pm
- July 29 - 11:00am - 1:00pm
If you can not attend in-person auditions, please submit a video audition and 45-minute workout for each format you would like to audition for by Sunday, July 31, 2002, by midnight CST. Note: Video submissions are not required for cycling, F45, and aqua group fitness.
Halloween-Themed Fitness Classes
Join us the week leading up to Halloween for some themed workouts. All classes will have a Halloween twist all the way from themed music to just scary good workouts.