University of Houston Police Department Training Division
In-Service Training Available
As a certified Contractual Training Provider through the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE), UHPD provides law enforcement-related training courses to licensees who will receive credit for the training from TCOLE.
Please note: UHPD only conducts in-service training and is not a police academy. If you are looking for information on the Basic Peace Officer Academy, please visit the website of the University of Houston Downtown Criminal Justice Training Center.
The administration and implementation of our law enforcement training courses, registration and cancellation process, and minimum enrollment are as follows:
- Registration may be canceled without penalty up to three working days before the class; however, registrants who cancel within the last three days, along with all “no-shows,” will be charged full tuition.
- NOTE: At this time, UHPD does not charge any tuition or fees for attending a department-taught training course.
- Classes will be canceled if minimum enrollment numbers are not met three days before the scheduled class start date.
- Unless otherwise specified, each course must have a minimum enrollment of 12 students or be canceled.
- TCOLE Rules require that every in-service training course have a final written exam or skills test and that each student must pass the examination or skills test to receive credit for the training. UHPD requires a minimum passing score of 80% for our exams.
- Students should bring note-taking materials to all classes and review the UHPD Training Rules, which will be enforced.
For questions or to enroll in a class, please contact Officer J. Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-743-0708.
No classes available at this time