Students, staff, and faculty frequently request UHPD officers for direction on what they should do if confronted with an active shooter event. The Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE) course, designed and built on the Avoid, Deny Defend (ADD) strategy developed by ALERRT in 2004, provides strategies, guidance, and a proven plan for surviving an active shooter event. Topics include the history and prevalence of active shooter events, civilian response options, medical issues, and considerations for conducting drills.
A calendar of scheduled upcoming publicly available CRASE training sessions can be found below. UHPD can also conduct training for community groups, organizations, and departments when requested. Just reach out to our Crime Prevention office.
Location: M.D. Anderson Library Rockwell Pavilion
- Wednesday, August 30, 2023 - 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 9:00 am – 11:00 am