UHCOP Honors Health System, Clinical and Community Pharmacy Preceptors for Excellence at Class of 2016 Awards Reception
UH College of Pharmacy honored several health-system, clinical and community pharmacy preceptors for excellence in experiential education at the Class of 2016 Awards Reception May 12 at the UH Hilton.
The honorees were selected by a committee of UHCOP faculty and students based on student feedback during their fourth-year experiential rotations.
The 2015-16 academic year honorees are:
- Ambulatory Care Preceptor of the Year Award – Sylvester Agbahiwe, Pharm.D., BCPS, Settegast Health Center Pharmacy;
- Community Preceptor Award – Tina Marek, R.Ph. (B.S. '90), pharmacy manager at Randalls (Katy);
- Hospital Pharmacy Preceptor of the Year Award – Cody Meuth, Pharm.D. ('11), M.S. ('11), pharmacy director at Memorial Hermann Sugar Land;
- Health Systems Pharmacy of the Year Award - Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center;
- Institutional Patient Care Preceptor of the Year Award – Kathryn N. Pidcock, Pharm.D. ('06), BCPS, clinical specialist-Internal Medicine at Houston Methodist Hospital; and
- Faculty Preceptor of the Year Award – Dhara Shah, Pharm.D. ('08), BCPS, clinical assistant professor at UHCOP and clinical pharmacy specialist at CHI St. Luke's Health-Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center.
"UH College of Pharmacy preceptors and adjunct faculty members continuously demonstrate outstanding their commitment to not only helping the college provide the highest quality clinical pharmacy training, guidance and experiential education to pharmacy students, but also provide the highest quality care to our patients and communities," said UHCOP Dean F. Lamar Pritchard, Ph.D., R.Ph. "Through our coordinated efforts, we are preparing the next generation to be not only leaders in pharmacy, but throughout the entire healthcare continuum."