Cougar Connections at TSHP 2015
UHCOP Alumni, Faculty and Students Among Presenters at TSHP 2015 Annual Seminar April 24-26 in San Antonio
A host of UH College of Pharmacy alumni and faculty members will be among the session presenters or panelists at the Texas Society of Health-System Pharmacy 2015 Annual Seminar April 23-26 in San Antonio.
Following are some of the sessions with UHCOP faculty and/or alumni (attendees are encouraged to refer to meeting program for the most up-to-date times and locations):
- "Update on the Role of New Therapies for the Treatment of HIV and Hepatitis C" with Rustin Crutchley, Pharm.D., AAHIVE, UHCOP Clinical Assistant Professor;
- "The Road to Comprehensive Pharmacy Service-Perspectives on Implementation at an Academic and Community Hospital Setting at Memorial Hermann Health System" with Rodney Cox, R.Ph., M.S. ('11), director of Pharmacy Operations at Memorial Hermann-Memorial City Medical Center;
- "The Changing Landscape in Pain Management" with Marc L. Fleming, Ph.D., MPH, R.Ph., UHCOP assistant professor;
- "Tips to Getting Published" with Kevin W. Garey, Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP, UHCOP professor and department chair;
- "Board Specialization" (panel) with Linda Haines, Pharm.D., M.S. ('11), BCPS, pharmacy operations manager at Houston Methodist Hospital;
- "Antibiotic Stewardship" with Andrea Luce, Pharm.D. ('07), assistant professor, Texas A&M Health Science Center Irma Rangel College of Pharmacy;
- "Handy Tools for Approaching Clinical Infectious Diseases Questions" with Nicholas Beyda, Pharm.D., BCPS, UHCOP assistant professor, and Dhara N. Shah, Pharm.D. ('08), BCPS;
- "Pharmacy Practice Model in an Acute Rehabilitation Hospital" with Lourdes M. Cuellar, M.S. ('79), R.Ph. (B.S. '73), FASHP, administrative director of Pharmacy & Clinical Support Services at TIRR Memorial Hermann;
- "Updates in Nutrition" with Anne Tucker, Pharm.D., BCNSP, UHCOP clinical associate professor;
- "Managing Common Work Problems & Career Ladder Development" (panel) with Phuoc Anne Nguyen, Pharm.D., PGY2/MS Health System Pharmacy Administration resident at Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center (MEDVAMC), and Thani Gossai, Pharm.D. ('08), inpatient pharmacy manager at MEDVAMC;
- "Biostatistics: Basic Concepts and Clinical Applications" with Jeffrey Sherer, Pharm.D., MPH, CGP, UHCOP clinical associate professor; and
- "Strategic Planning for Health System Leadership" with Joyce Tipton, R.Ph. (B.S. '79), MBA, FASHP, director of Pharmacy and Respiratory Care at Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center.