Graduate Student Resources - University of Houston
Skip to main content

Graduate Student Resources

All forms should be completed and submitted to your Graduate Academic Advisor. They will assist you in obtaining the required signatures. It can take up to 15 business days to process forms through the department and College/NSM Dean's Office.


COSC Forms

NSM Forms

  • Leave of Absence
    This document serves as a means of officially requesting a semester of leave of absence (LOA) from your graduate program. NSM requires all graduate students (Ph.D. and Master’s) who are not enrolled in a long semester (fall or spring) to have an approved LOA on file before the start of a term. This form must accompany a Graduate and Professional Student Petition for a request to be considered. For more information, please see the NSM Leave of Absence (LOA) Procedures.
  • Committee Composition
    Students who complete a dissertation or thesis as part of their degree requirements must specify a committee and have the names on file with the NSM Office of Academic Affairs at least one semester prior to their graduation. Specific details on how to compose your committee can be found in the NSM section of the UH Graduate Catalog.
  • Change in Committee Composition
    Students who already have an approved dissertation or thesis committee on file with the NSM Office of Academic Affairs will need to submit this form when there is a change in the committee membership or a member’s affiliation (department/institution/company). The new membership must still meet the NSM committee composition requirements once it is reformed.
  • Graduate Tuition Fellowship Extension Request
    Use this form to request a Graduate Tuition Fellowship (GTF) after your 10th long semester of GTF funding. Please visit NSM GTF for a list of the fellowship eligibility requirements and details. Students should attach this form and all other supporting documentation to a Graduate & Professional Student Petition.

Graduate School Forms

International Student and Scholar Services

For additional forms: