NSM + Computer Science Career Fair - Fall 2023
Wednesday, September 6, 2023
10AM – 2PM
Student Center South (UC) - Houston Room (2nd floor, room 220)
- The career fair is open only to declared majors in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Student registration is required in HireNSM
- Log into AccessUH
- Select the HireNSM icon
- The most update to date list of employers attending can be found in HireNSM
Preparing for Career Fair
- UCS recorded workshops on the UCS Youtube channel
Do you need assistance with preparing or editing your resume? Unsure of what to expect at the career fair or need advice on how to prepare? The department invites UH Career Services as well as company representatives to review resumes prior the fair.
Career Fair Details and Policies
All currently enrolled UH College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics students are encouraged to attend. Meet with employers any time between 10AM-2PM. Entry doors will close at ~ 1:30PM to allow companies enough time to meet with the remaining students in line.
A UH ID is required for entry.
Resumes - be sure to bring several copies of your updated professional resume.
Bag policy - no backpacks will be permitted into the career fair. If you have a bag, you will be able to store your bag in a separate room during check-in. The bag room will be monitored by a student volunteer.
Dress Code Policy - required attire is business professional. We adhere to the dress code policy outlined by UH Career Services. Students who fail to follow the dress code policy may be removed from the Career Fair until they are in compliance. Take a look at this infograph for reference.
Join us for the inaugural Natural Sciences and Mathematics + Computer Science Career Fair.
The computer science-only career fair you are accustomed to attending has expanded! Your company now has access to over 5,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and recent alumni from programs and research in Computer Science, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Data Science, Environmental Science, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Geology, Geophysics, Mathematics, Mathematical Finance, Applied, Seismic and Medical Physics and much more.
For more information and to register, visit http://tinyurl.com/NSMCF2023
- 9AM – 10AM Employer check-in, setup, light breakfast and coffee
- 10AM – 2PM Career Fair
- 11AM – 1PM employer lunch (concurrent with career fair)
- Student Center South - Houston Room (2nd floor, room 220)
- Address: 4455 University Dr., Houston, TX 77204
- Welcome Center Garage (corner of MLK and University Drive)
- Address: 4434 University Dr., Houston, TX 77204
- We will provide parking validations during the career fair.
- Please park only at the Welcome Center Garage as we are unable to validate tickets from other parking garages.
Shipping - It is highly recommended to use a shipping company such as FedEx, UPS, etc. as shipping through the US Postal Service will be delayed. Below is the address to ship TO before the fair and the address for PICK UP after the fair.
4455 University Drive
Student Center South, Room 271
NSM Career Fair Res #121628
Houston, TX 77204
If you have questions or need additional information regarding the career fair, contact HireNSM@uh.edu and CSevents@uh.edu.