Spring 2023 Lavender Graduation Ceremony & Reception
April 28, 2023 at 7:00 PM
Graduate Registration will be open March 6th-April 16th, 2023!What you will need before you register:
- 15 to 20 minutes to let us know what we could do to truly celebrate you!
- Photos of yourself - (don't worry, it's okay to opt-out and it will still be cool and fun!)
Instructions to Register:
- Step 1: Sign in to your Access UH account
- Step 2: Click the Get Involved button
- Step 3: Click the Graduate Registration button.
Congratulations, Class of 2023! You did it!
In this event, we will be serving you and your guest(s) a reception and then recognizing you in extra special ways as an LGBTQ+ or Ally Graduate. You will receive lavender or rainbow cords and other goodies.
Guest Registration: Opens March 6th, 2023!
RSVP Required by April 16th, 2023 at noon
You will be able to invite family, chosen family, friends, and peers to cheer you on (or watch quietly if you prefer) during the Lavender Graduation Ceremony.
Instructions to RSVP:
- Step 1: Go to our Eventbrite page.
- Step 2: Sign in with the password "uhlavgrad"
- Step 3: Register!
In this event, we are serving graduates and guests a reception and recognizing our graduates in extra special ways, including a lavender or rainbow cord for graduates. Guests will include family, chosen family, friends, and peers to cheer or quietly watch during the Lavender Graduation Ceremony. We encourage graduates to dress up in graduation regalia (ex., cords, stoles, and graduation cap).
Lavender Graduation, also known as Lav Grad, is an annual ceremony conducted on numerous campuses to honor lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and ally students and to acknowledge their achievements and contributions to the University. This event is celebrated by colleges and universities across the United States since 1995.
Frequently Asked Questions