Spring 2022 Lavender Graduation Ceremony & Reception
April 29th, 2022 at 7:00 PM
Graduate Registration: Open Now!
Deadline to register: April 4th, 2022 at 5:00 PM
- 15 to 20 minutes to let us know what we could do to truly celebrate you!
- Photos of yourself - (don't worry, it's okay to opt-out and it will still be cool and fun!)
Instructions to Register:
- Step 1: Sign in to your Access UH account
- Step 2: Click the Get Involved button
- Step 3: Click the Graduate Registration button.
Congratulations, Class of 2022! You did it!
In this event, we will be serving you and your guest(s) a reception and then recognizing you in extra special ways as an LGBTQ+ or Ally Graduate. You will receive lavender or rainbow cords and other goodies.
Guest Registration: Now Open!
RSVP Required by April 15th, 2022 at noon
You will be able to invite family, chosen family, friends, and peers to cheer you on (or watch quietly if you prefer) during the Lavender Graduation Ceremony.
Instructions to RSVP:
- Step 1: Go to our Eventbrite page.
- Step 2: Sign in with the password "uhlavgrad"
- Step 3: Register!
In this event, we are serving graduates and guests a reception and recognizing our graduates in extra special ways, including a lavender or rainbow cord for graduates. Guests will include family, chosen family, friends, and peers to cheer or quietly watch during the Lavender Graduation Ceremony. We encourage graduates to dress up in graduation regalia (ex., cords, stoles, and graduation cap).
Lavender Graduation, also known as Lav Grad, is an annual ceremony conducted on numerous campuses to honor lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and ally students and to acknowledge their achievements and contributions to the University. This event is celebrated by colleges and universities across the United States since 1995.
Frequently Asked Questions