Skip to main content

There are many financial aid options for students enrolled in the School of Theatre & Dance. To view eligibility and requirements, visit the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid page. All applicants should fill outFAFSA form for financial aid consideration.

Scholarships for current Theatre & Dance majors

  • Theatre Scholarships

    Edward Albee Scholarship 
    Joanna Friesen Endowed Scholarship 
    Bartkowiak Memorial Scholarship Endowment 
    Carolyn Boone Scholarship Fund 
    Linda Dorff Scholarship 
    Drama Scholarship 
    Nancy & Rob Martin Endowed Scholarship 
    J. Pickett Endowed Scholarship
    Theatre Scholarships 
    Trey Wilson Endowed Scholarship 
    John & Elena Zaccaria Endowed Scholarship 

    Theatre BFA Students: Please complete this scholarship application form and the required information and attachments. Submit the completed packet to UH School of Theatre & Dance Theatre Ambassadors via email ( 

  • Dance Scholarships

    Joanna Friesen Endowed Scholarship
    Patrick Swayze Endowed Scholarship
    Tommy Tune Endowed Dance Scholarship

Graduate Tuition Fellowships

The School of Theatre & Dance offers limited Teaching and Grading Assistantships, out-of-state tuition waivers, and Graduate Tuition Fellowships (GTF) for students on the MFA tracks.  Graduate Tuition Fellowships covers the cost of in-state tuition and fees.  Limited scholarships are available. All financial aid and scholarships are awarded in the application process for the respective MFA tracks.

Students studying in the MA for Scholars track are eligible for tuition waivers and stipends. Please email Elizabeth Coen (emcoen@central.uh.edufor more information.

Kathrine G. McGovern College of the Arts Scholarship

The Dean’s Artistic Excellence Scholarship is an annual scholarship in the amount of $4000, granted to students who demonstrate artistic excellence in the performing and visual arts and who are accepted to one of the programs in the McGovern College of the Arts at the University of Houston.

Eligibility criteria and a link to the scholarship application can be found on the College admissions page.