The School of Theatre & Dance’s commitment to academic excellence and the highest performance standards has made the institution a vital resource in the educational and cultural life of this city. We offer graduate students a rigorous program of study in both academic and performance areas, producing some of the most talented graduates who go on to become leaders in their fields.
As the fourth largest city in America, Houston provides our students with a wide array of opportunities for culturally diverse experiences. School of Theatre & Dance graduate students are also exposed to the many professional, religious, and community-based performance opportunities the city has to offer.
General MFA Admission Requirements
In addition to meeting the KGMCA graduate admission requirements, prospective students must undergo assessment by the senior faculty member in their area.
- Candidates should audition before applying to the UH Graduate School
- Auditions are held with Jack Young
No GRE is required for actors.
- Interviews and portfolio presentations are held with Kevin Rigdon (email@example.com).
- Design and Technology candidates submit an electronic portfolio, resume and a brief statement of experience and goals to Kevin Rigdon.
- No GRE is required for designers.
HOW TO APPLY TO MFA PROGRAM