37th International Piano Festival • February 6 - 8, 2020
The 37th International Piano Festival invites applications for master class participants in two age categories:
- Pre-Collegiate (ages 13-17)
- Collegiate/Young Artist (age 18 and up)
- Application Deadline: Sunday, December 1, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Acceptance Notification Deadline: end of business on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 (via email only).
- Applicants must complete the IPF master class application and pay $35 application fee (non-refundable, credit card only, payable through Acceptd).
- Only audio recordings will be accepted (NO VIDEO). NOTE: DO NOT LIST YOUR NAME ON YOUR AUDIO RECORDING OR PROGRAM INFORMATION - ALL AUDITIONS ARE TO BE ANONYMOUS FOR JUDGES.
- Audition Requirements: Two works in contrasting styles from the standard repertoire. (One sonata movement qualifies as one work. No concerto movements accepted.) Include full program information and timing for each movement/work submitted.
All auditions are screened anonymously, and each participant chosen will have the opportunity to play for one of our featured artists. Master classes will take place on February 7 and 8 and will be given by Simone Dinnerstein, Vadym Kholodenko, and Mackenzie Melemed.
Applicants chosen to perform will be asked to play one of the works submitted. No substitutions. Each participant is allotted one 30-minute segment of the master class – please choose repertoire appropriately. Participants are responsible for their own transportation, housing, and meals during the IPF weekend.
IPF master class participants will receive free admission for all 2020 IPF recitals and master classes, and we will offer each participant one complimentary master class ticket for their teacher or parent. Teachers and family may purchase any IPF tickets for all events at the student rate.