APPLY AND AUDITION FOR THE MOORES SCHOOL OF MUSIC
In addition to meeting all requirements for admission to the University of Houston, all students seeking acceptance as music majors must apply separately to the Moores School and must pass an audition on their principal instrument or voice.
Current UH Students
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the University by completing the University of Houston application. Current UH students trying change majors do not need to reapply for admission to the University.
- Apply for admission to the Moores School of Music by completing the Moores School of Music Application. The admissions coordinator will send you a confirmation when she receives your application. You will automatically be considered for Moores School Scholarships as part of your application. The application will require you to upload the following required supplemental materials:
- 250-word statement of purpose (including educational and career goals)
- Music résumé (all experience in music: years of private instruction, ensemble experience, solo performances, awards, etc.)
- At least one letter of recommendation from a music professional. During the online application, applicants are asked for the name & email address of their recommending person(s).
- Composition students must submit a composition portfolio (if available) as an upload into the online application. In the event that a portfolio is too large to upload, submission by mail is acceptable.
- Audition on your principal instrument or voice. Please see https://app.getacceptd.com/houstonmusic for information and deadlines. Audition repertoire requirements can be found here.